SASS Wire Forum

“It’s like déjà vu all over again!” – Court Strikes New York Gun Licensing Law

Sedalia Dave

SD, I really appreciate you posting this, but I am not sure what the final result of this is.  The article ended without a final statement.  Can you please enlighten me?

Third paragraph states that the court finds the regulations unconstitutional.

Does this now apply to the entire state?  And can Hochul go judge shopping and get it reversed? 

36 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Does this now apply to the entire state?  And can Hochul go judge shopping and get it reversed? 

Doesn't apply to the whole state and probably won't be able to judge shop, but they WILL pass a substantially similar law that WILL BE ENFORCED AS THE LAW OF NYC for several months before that law is struck down as well, then there will be a new law passed ... 

41 minutes ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Doesn't apply to the whole state and probably won't be able to judge shop, but they WILL pass a substantially similar law that WILL BE ENFORCED AS THE LAW OF NYC for several months before that law is struck down as well, then there will be a new law passed ... 

You are probably correct as this is the pattern they have used in the past.  Gosh I wish I could leave NY and go to a free state.

It's all in their plan since they aren't held responsible for passing unconstitutional bills. Eventually the good guys will run out of money to fight them and the Bloomberg/Soros funds are more or less endless.:angry:

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It's all in their plan since they aren't held responsible for passing unconditional bills. Eventually the good guys will run out of money to fight them and the Bloomberg/Soros funds are more or less endless.:angry:

Afraid that is the strategy...remember the governments funds (Attorneys General) are also endless.  Best way to slow it down is to unelect people.  The judges can't really enforce their ruling and those that can pretend they don't understand when in reality they are like little children 'but I just want to'.  That is how they treat the constitution and all to often how the liberal (probably a better word) judges interpret the constitution.

I appreciate non gun owners that value the second amendment like they value the rest of the Bill of Rights.

Archived