SASS Wire Forum

Ain't Doin' Nothin' in February? Come On Down...

Cypress Sun

...And watch, or participate in The Florida Man Games and Olympics.

It'll be a great time to show of those Runnin' from the Law, Mechanical Gator Ridin' and Beer Belly Sumo Rasslin' skills, among other things. Start growing that Mullet now, you've only got four months 'til game time!:D

The Florida Man Games™ | The Florida Man Olympics | 25 West Castillo Drive, St. Augustine, FL, USA

2 minutes ago, Presidio said:

That's it.  I'm putting you in the same category with Alpo. :D

ALRIGHT!!!

We're both in Florida anyway but my questions aren't anywhere near as good. Maybe I'm just not as inquisitive as Alpo, I'll work on it.

That’s hilarious and does look like fun. No, I am not “in”, but if I were in better shape….

Seriously, this looks to be fun and entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

ALRIGHT!!!

We're both in Florida anyway but my questions aren't anywhere near as good. Maybe I'm just not as inquisitive as Alpo, I'll work on it.

You ever go to Gasparilla?

I'm thinking it's kind of like New Yorkers never go to the empire State building or the Statue of Liberty. We lived in Tampa two and a half years when I was a kid, and we didn't go. It was for the tourists. Here in Panyma I don't think I've been to the beach in 30 years. Maybe longer. That place is for the tourists.

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm thinking it's kind of like New Yorkers never go to the empire State building or the Statue of Liberty. We lived in Tampa two and a half years when I was a kid, and we didn't go. It was for the tourists. Here in Panyma I don't think I've been to the beach in 30 years. Maybe longer. That place is for the tourists.

I used to go once every couple of years to Gasparilla just to see what the young women would do for the beads that the "pirates" toss. Over the last five or six years, it has turned more toward a family style event and the bawdiness has been toned down considerably. I'm also older and do not like being in crowds.

I'm only a few miles from the beaches, you'd have to tie me up and drag me to the beach to get me to go. Haven't been, except for work, in well over 30 years. Out of towners always  say, "You must go to the beach all the time". I say "Hell no, I live here...the beach is for Yankees."

2 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Who could possibly turn down an invite like that?!? But they left off the Flatulence Fandango -- my strong suit.

Untitled.png

Keep in mind that Florida is the land of retirees...flatulence is a sport...more important than shuffleboard. Better practice if you want to be on the podium.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I lived in an unmentionable state west of here for 37 1/2 years.  3 1/2 years at a Naval Weapons Station with the best beach on the west coast,  Went to a few events while there.  Left the Corps and moved inland a ways, but still only an hour from the beaches.  The only times I went to the beach were when my SIL retired from the Corps and his ceremony was held at Palomar, and when my grand daughter -in-law got married at the same place.  Both were three hours from our home.

Archived