SASS Wire Forum

Spammers

Rye Miles #13621

I almost fell for the USPS text scam the other day. This is the second time this occurred. The first time something just didn’t seem right. This time it was much more convincing except they asked for 30¢ like they did the first time. 

Both times I was expecting packaged for orders I made through Amazon that were initially sent via China Post. 

I did what I did the last time and nothing happened. I reported it to the USPS.

I have had the USPS and the UPS scam tried on me a number of times just recently and every time they have been related to Amazon packages, not sure if it’s tied to Amazon or if it’s just because it’s one of the biggest companies shipping packages so a logical choice to run a scam on

Sure pays to be on your toes and treat everything with a degree of skepticism.

I get 6:00 AM, wake up phone calls from them, all excited about a possible fraudulent charge on my credit card(s), and asking me to confirm my card, along with my CVV number are still in my possession and to read them the numbers to confirm the card is still in my possession!

Got a call the other day from some guy wanting to inspect our roof for damage from a tornado back in July. Told him our roof had already been inspected by our insurance company and was okay. (Had six trees uprooted and a fence blown down, which was paid for less a deductible.)  The caller said he'd come over and inspect our roof anyway.  I told him if he came anywhere near our property, I'd call the police, then I hung up. Never saw hide nor hair of him! If the cops couldn't get here in time, the character would have been looking down a round tubular piece of machinery!

Archived