SASS Wire Forum

Searching for a story posted several years ago.

Pulp, SASS#28319

Several years ago my brother Sawyer, SASS#32650 wrote a story about a horse drawn artillery march from Ft Sam Houston to Ft Sill.  Our father was one of the soldiers on that ride.  We've both gone through several computers and we've both lost the story.  Does anyone remember it?  I believe the title was "The Last Ride", but not 100% sure.

This picture was probably posted with the story.

IMG_6918.jpeg

The SASS Wire search function just plain sucks. I have never had any luck with it. Searching for things even less than a month old is cumbersome. 

Tried a search and failed miserably. 

I am going to report my own post. Maybe a Mod could find it.

15 hours ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Several years ago my brother Sawyer, SASS#32650 wrote a story about a horse drawn artillery march from Ft Sam Houston to Ft Sill.  Our father was one of the soldiers on that ride.  We've both gone through several computers and we've both lost the story.  Does anyone remember it?  I believe the title was "The Last Ride", but not 100% sure.

This picture was probably posted with the story.

That must have been posted a long time ago.  Probably on an older version of the forum.  Sawyer doesn't currently have any attachments in his files.  A search for "The Last Ride" only brings up a poem by Doc Nelson and a thread by Branchwater Jack.

Archived