SASS Wire Forum

WTB 38-40 Brass

Adding a 38-40 rifle to go with my pair of 38-40 revolvers so now I need more brass.

Starline is listed as out of stock, NO BACKORDERS. Uh-oh!

All the 38-40 on Gun Broke (my wallet) is priced like they're made of gold not brass, a feller just can't spend like that.

So being a beggar not a chooser I'd take any brand, new or used, even loaded ammo, all for the right price of course.

Feel free to post back here or P.M. me with any offers.

P.S. I have lots of other brass and bullets and love to horse trade..... don't be afraid to ask, you never know what i might have squirreled away.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, but when I followed the link it says "Out of stock, no backorders at this time." I E-mailed Starline a couple weeks ago and they said it's not discontinued but it's a lower demand item. They'll make more.... eventually. They said to just kerp an eye on it and when the status changes to "Accepting backorders" place an order then.

FWIW, I ordered 38-40s from Starline in late January or early February of this year.  I’ve received the shipping info that they will be delivered next week on the 24th.

I bought a .38-40 rifle a few months ago also. I always thought the cartridge was a pretty cool idea... until I started my search for brass!! I found one(1) place online with it in stock that was willing to ship it to me. They were in Jolly Old England!! I was about to bite the bullet when I decided to put an add like yours on here. In just a few weeks, maybe a month, i had my brass. I was just looking for a couple hundred pieces though. I also recently stopped in a "cowboy" owned gun shop and he had about 300rds of hand loads he had purchased from an estate.

I say all that to say, "You are in the best place to find your hard to find brass, here on The Wire." My second option would be to stop by any and all local gun shops and even pawn shops. You never know what will turn up!!

Good luck with your hunt,

CS

Archived