SASS Wire Forum

Mask requirements observation

Trigger Mike

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Wife & I both just got through it, about like a nasty Summer cold, 4 or 5 days and back to normal.  No special meds or measures. It is going around out here, but this time no one is scared.  They are going to have a tough time shutting this state down, they barely managed last time.

I hope that you're right. I also hope that the rest of the citizenry in the country feels the same. 

On 8/28/2023 at 11:54 AM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

After things settled down and masks became optional,,,,I was sitting in the exam room waiting to see the Doc. He walks in, comes over to me, sticks out his hand and wants to shake hands! Which I did. But seemed so odd after not being able to "touch" anything for 2 years.

How did you survive without touching ANYTHING.:huh:

Last Thanksgiving, we both thought we had Covid. SWMBO was down for 10 days. Mine wasn't quite as bad. Went to Urgent Care on Friday, tested + for Flu Type 1. We had had our flu shot. I harrassed our pharmacist and asked her if she just injected us with water.

25 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

... tested + for Flu Type 1. We had had our flu shot.

That means you had a leg up on the infection, a quicker immune response. That might translate to it not being as bad as it would have been.

While we might consider the ideal case to be never getting infected, the best we can actually hope for is an asymptomatic infection, you know, like the ones many get with CoViD. We still get infected, we still can infect others, but whether due to a prior infection or due to immunization, we do not get sick ourselves.

And just to be clear, I do get my flu shots and have not had a CoViD shot. And while I was not tested, I think I have had CoViD twice. This as indicated by symptoms. The first time was really nasty, and the second was more just exhausting with a dose of mental confusion.

20 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Got released on day 6. The only procedures they masked for were pulling the tubes and wires. I just need to get back to a somewhat normal sleep pattern. I only got 2 hrs last night.

It takes a while.  I tried to jump back into my routine and now just realize it’ll take a year to get back to normal according to several I ran into since that also had bypass surgery.  They must have bypassed my energy and zeal and care to drive and my kids say my kindness was bypassed and now I’m mean.  

Archived