SASS Wire Forum

6 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

So far so good with spiders, however I see lots of these and have caught two in the house in the last few days.

I carry a UV flashlight when walking Custer at night to keep him from stepping on one.

image.png.e6ea68e82668b7fdd3f8af214b69ff37.png

Oh yeah, I see them from 3/4” to 3” in our yard. Then there’s the dang wind scorpions that appear out of no where that at first glance look like the real thing. Two years ago one dropped from the loft onto the couch next to my wife. I shoved her away and it darted between the cushions. I turned that couch every which way but no scorpion. I finally put a perimeter of duct tape sticky side up around the couch and went to bed. The next morning the intruder was stuck on the tape. I had to look it up. From what I read the only way they can hurt you is when you wrench your back trying to get away!

2 hours ago, Cholla said:

Oh yeah, I see them from 3/4” to 3” in our yard. Then there’s the dang wind scorpions that appear out of no where that at first glance look like the real thing. Two years ago one dropped from the loft onto the couch next to my wife. I shoved her away and it darted between the cushions. I turned that couch every which way but no scorpion. I finally put a perimeter of duct tape sticky side up around the couch and went to bed. The next morning the intruder was stuck on the tape. I had to look it up. From what I read the only way they can hurt you is when you wrench your back trying to get away!

I truly didn’t need to read the words “Wind Scorpion”. 
“How’s the weather outside?”

”Oh, it’s nice, just a light wind.”

”WHAT THE HECK’S THAT ON YOUR NECK?”

(Shudders)

On 7/18/2023 at 10:27 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

"No Brown Recluses Here...."

That sounds like the put off a fellow CAS member here in Ontario, Canada got when he went to the Doctors and told them he was sure he had been bitten by a tick and had Lyme.

"OH NO! No Lyme here!"

After being sick for months, off work (and missing the better part of two years CAS) he went to the US and had tests run, after researching Lyme on line..

Yep 9 or 10 of the Lyme markers in his blood.

His treatment has been on-going for a long time and he still isn't back to where he was.

It is NOW admitted Lyme is in Ontario.

I don't get that "it can't be here" mentality.

Southwest Missouri has bobcats and mountain lions roaming around. I was told for years DNR refused to admit mountain lions were here. Even though farmers had livestock attacked that was much too big for a bobcat or coyote. Finally, deer cams started popping up with mountain lion pictures, and DNR had to admit that yes, they were here.

Maybe "it" is here? 

Archived