SASS Wire Forum

Canada confiscation begins

Rye Miles #13621

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Something beyond needing an importers license and approval?

According to a Canadian that shoots CAS, Canadian law does not allow him to sell or transfer his guns (pistols only?) to someone else, not only in Canada but anywhere.

Canada is just like New Zealand  Australia, and Great Britain Sheeple who are really just subjects to the crown. We fought against their oppressive government  .I leave them to their  so called  King of England.

10 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

who are really just subjects to the crown.

the correct term which the subjects created themselves is POME, Prisoners of Mother England.

They're doing it here in the US as well, it's called "Red Flag Laws".

19 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

They're doing it here in the US as well, it's called "Red Flag Laws".

Not quite the same. Still bad but America is not Canada.

Best Wishes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigBelle
On 4/28/2023 at 6:59 AM, Itchy Trigger said:

Strangely, it appears as if it is illegal for a Canadian to sell their guns to an American.

I thought i was the only one that think that sucks.

• 1 month later...

Currently in Canada, you can keep your handgun, but you can’t sell ,trade or give it away, and you can’t buy a new one.  A group of Canadian shooters who attended our annual shoot were told by Canadian customs agents they would not be able to take their handguns back into Canada if they brought ‘em into the US

36 minutes ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

... were told by Canadian customs agents they would not be able to take their handguns back into Canada if they brought ‘em into the US

That is not legally correct, but good luck trying to argue with a customs agent from any country. A Canadian CAS shooter (ex LEO) that I talk to on a regular basis has to explain the law to the customs agent every time he goes through since so few Canadians try and don't even get started on the legal hurdles for an American that wants to bring their guns into Canada. 

I have a PAL and take handguns into Canada on a monthly basis.  Each time I cross it's a different excperience, I can spend hours telling stories about it.  Leaving for a shoot in Kamloops in a week or so.  Ya, try and argue with a customs officer anywhere in the world and see how that works out for ya:rolleyes:

Archived