SASS Wire Forum

Opening day 75 days away

Rye Miles #13621

Mike Gavin
August 24, 2022·1 min read

MLB Opening Day 2023: Full schedule of openers for all 30 teams originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago

There will be some March Madness next season in Major League Baseball.

Opening Day for the 2023 season will be March 30, with all 30 teams scheduled to play. Barring postponement, it will be the first time since 1968 that every MLB team opens on the same day.

That includes some teams starting the season with an interleague matchup, part of MLB's revamped format intended to create a more balanced schedule to reduce advantages in the wild card race.

For the first time in the interleague era, all 30 teams will play one another in a single season, creating a more similar schedule for teams in different divisions who are battling one another for playoff positioning.

I sent the links to my wife. "Oh! Thanks for the baseball links.  What I would like to do is find a sports bar and do a combined birthday (the 26th) and opening day. (pause, pause, glare) It's your fault."

All because I took a few minutes to explain a little about baseball to her during a 14 inning Sox/Yankee playoff game.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I sent the links to my wife. "Oh! Thanks for the baseball links.  What I would like to do is find a sports bar and do a combined birthday (the 26th) and opening day. (pause, pause, glare) It's your fault."

All because I took a few minutes to explain a little about baseball to her during a 14 inning Sox/Yankee playoff game.

Happy Birthday to your bride ! A new baseball fan! :)

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Happy Birthday to your bride ! A new baseball fan! :)

That was back in 2004.  She was irked at me and kept saying, "9 innings" at me.

Next day she got home about 30 seconds after I did and said, "Why isn't the game on?"

I created a monster.:D

My Missus surprised me with renting a B&B in Jupiter Florida so we can go to see the Cards play Preseason! WOOHOO!

Archived