SASS Wire Forum

Chronicle access using a Mac?

Hellbender

Has anyone been able to open a Chronicle from the new website using a Mac?  None of the Chronicles, older ones to most recent, will open on my MacBook Pro using a Safari browser.  I see they get about 95% loaded and then stop.  The only other browser I have on the MacBook is Firefox and they won't download using that one either.  They won't download on my iPhone using Safari either.  Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I have a Mac and use Safari and it is working fine.  I just tried my IPhone and it works too.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll try updating my Safari.  Maybe that's it.

30 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll try updating my Safari.  Maybe that's it.

30 minutes ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Opens for me on iPad and iPhone using safari.

This is very strange. When I turned off wi-fi on my iPhone to use data, the Chronicle downloaded instantly.  The reason it's strange is because up until the new SASS website appeared, I could always download Chronicles with wi-fi instantly using either the Mac or the iPhone, and other pdf downloads (not from Sassnet.com) continue to download instantly on both devices using wi-fi. :blink:

58 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

This is very strange. When I turned off wi-fi on my iPhone to use data, the Chronicle downloaded instantly.  The reason it's strange is because up until the new SASS website appeared, I could always download Chronicles with wi-fi instantly using either the Mac or the iPhone, and other pdf downloads (not from Sassnet.com) continue to download instantly on both devices using wi-fi. :blink:

Maybe a setting on your firewall. New hosting server may require updates to your computer. 

I Mac doesn’t work but IPhone does. My IMac is about 10 yrs old, maybe it needs an update but I don’t think I can update it anymore. 

20 hours ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Maybe a setting on your firewall. New hosting server may require updates to your computer. 

Don't know if this qualifies as a firewall setting or not, but I've now solved the problem!  In Safari, I opened Preferences and examined everything there and found that under the Downloads section that exists within the Websites heading, where it says "allow downloads on websites with the settings below:", the setting for sassnet.com was set to "Ask".  As soon as changed it to the other available setting, "allow", the Chronicle downloaded instantly! :D  My computer must have automatically changed that setting from "allow" to "ask" based on something within the new website because the Chronicle always downloaded before.  I hope this helps others who are having problems accessing the Chronicle (try this on your old iMac,  Rye ;))

17 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I have a 2 YO Imac and it doesn't work!

Well that’s answered my question! So what do we do? :o

I get it on my IPhone, weird!!

Archived