SASS Wire Forum

Dark Winds - a new series coming to AMC

Chief Rick

Saw a commercial for this today and it looks interesting.

Dark Winds is an upcoming American psychological thriller television series created by Graham Roland based on the Leaphorn & Chee book series by Tony Hillerman. The first season will consist of six episodes and is set to premiere on AMC and AMC+ on June 12, 2022.

The series follows two Navajo police officers, Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee, in the 1970s Southwest.

Dark Winds Videos | Trailers, Recaps, Previews, Behind the Scenes | AMC

When they say AMC and AMC+ I think that means they’re going to show the first 2-3 episodes on AMC and 5hen you have to sign up for AMC+ to see the rest of the series.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When they say AMC and AMC+ I think that means they’re going to show the first 2-3 episodes on AMC and 5hen you have to sign up for AMC+ to see the rest of the series.

I hope not - or I won't be watching the whole series.

4 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

6 episodes is not a season, 18 would be.

That would be your opinion.

A quick search of TV shows I am familiar with have "seasons" (a term that seems to be very loosely defined) that range from 6 to over 30 episodes in a calendar year.  The older tv episodes typically have longer seasons.

Moreso lately, it seems all of the shows being developed for Netflix and Disney+ (the only streaming services I have access to) are 6-8 episodes in length.

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

6 episodes is not a season, 18 would be.

That would be great but now they are doing what Chief Rick said. Six is a season, and then they spit a season, or do two "seasons" per year. And they are moving the popular shows to premium channels that cost an added fee. If there is a way to minimalize costs and maximize profits, they do it.

Archived