SASS Wire Forum

A humorous memory from Ukraine

I had a friend, Katya, in Ukraine who helped me with many things, renting an apartment, calling a taxi. She was quite resourceful. She is now a refugee in Latvia, I hope that all works out.

Anyway, some time ago we had occasion to visit the Dolphinarium in Odessa (think Seaworld, dolphins and seals, no killer whales). Since I was treating Katya and her friend, Ilea, to the water show, I also got them each a ticket to the addon “swim with the dolphins”. They were prepared and wore appropriate attire, bikinis. Being more interested in getting a tan than swimming they left the optional shoulder straps at home.

I think Seaworld does not offer such a thing because of potential liability, but liability is a whole different thing in Eastern Europe, trust me on that.

Soo, we watched the show, and afterwards the girls stood in line for their chance to take a lap around the pool with dolphins.  They got into the pool, dolphins posing cutely next to them for the photo-op. Then following instructions they each grasped the dorsal fin of their dolphins as the command was given for the mammals to “take a lap” at what must have been 30 kph (20 mph) and the dolphins brought them back to the starting point.

Now do you remember that I said the girls left their shoulder straps at home? They were both slightly embarrassed at the end of the ride, er swim, to find that their бюстгальтер (top) were around their waists, but they were still under water so decorum was preserved.  I did notice that the assistant laughed because he probably sees this many times a day.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Nice story. Thanks Marshal. :)

I would jump at the chance to swim with Dolphins. Wonderful creatures. 

I suspect that you might lose something more important than a bra  ))). And it might be on the bottom of the pool.

As I recall, tickets to the show were $5, there might have been prices based on seating. Tickets to the swim were about $15. AND for the real fan, a 30 minute session training dolphins. I suspect that it’s really training you to give the dolphins the signals they already know and then tossing them their treats. I think that was close to $100 but it did include a video.

Sea World no longer offers the actual swimming with the dolphins any more.

Called the Dolphin Encounter it includes:

https://seaworld.com/orlando/tours/dolphin-encounter/

Ann and I did swim with the dolphins back when it was still an attraction. :D

And @Pat Riot, SASS #13748 it was truly amazing. These are wonderful creatures. :wub:

9 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

This morning I texted with Katya, she is in Latvia and plans to return home. And I I include a picture of my friend.

FFB423DC-8395-4FEF-8B67-FE896B617D89.jpeg

It is 40°F at midday in Latvia.

sorry, too cold for a bikini.  )))

sorry, too cold for a bikini.  )))

....... dang !!!!!   :wub:

Archived