SASS Wire Forum

WTB - .38/55 (2.125) Starline Brass

Randingo

Just left starline brass.  Talked to the production supervisor.  The short 38-55 are scheduled for production in approximately two months.  The longer isn't even on the schedule.

50 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

Just left starline brass.  Talked to the production supervisor.  The short 38-55 are scheduled for production in approximately two months.  The longer isn't even on the schedule.

Thanks for the information, Jack.

That is very disappointing news.

I've talked to Starline a few times over the past year and they wouldn't give me any information about the production schedule, so I appreciate it.

I think that the wall thickness of Starline's shorter (2.08") brass is thinner than other manufacturers, so maybe it will work in my rifle.  I'll keep an eye on their website and try to get a supply.  I'm still working with a few 2.125" pieces of brass that Adolph Vancinghand graciously shared with me last year.

Thanks again!

--Doc

Starline has had them listed on their website as "out of stock--no backorders at this time" for almost a year.  About a year ago, I placed an order when they were listed as "backordered--ship date to be determined" but my order is still listed as "processing".  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Starline will do a production run at some point.  If that happens and I find out about it, I'll post something on the Wire and try to let everyone know.

--Doc

I never sell or give loaded rounds when a rifle goes.  I have at least 20 rounds of 38-55, I know I can pull the bullet and dump the powder, but since the dies and the rest of the brass went with the rifle, I'll see if I can find a way to de prime.  If I can, they're yours.

Starline had them listed as they would backorder them in February,  that's when I placed my order.  They told me if you were in their system with an order that showed processing they would contact you when they do the run to get current credit card information.   Their system dumps the cc number after a certain amount of time.  They will probably allow orders again when they do the run.

I also got some from bereli last week.

Archived