SASS Wire Forum

Mystery Shopper?

Maybe you have seen ads for mystery shoppers and thought they were a scam. I think some are but I did several assignments and mine were always legit.

there are many, the idea is that a franchising operation wants someone to evaluate service without sending someone to check it out. A friend got me into this and, frankly, she wouldn’t recognize a dirty floor if she slipped on a puddle of grease.

so what kind of shops did I do?

dinner for one or two, BWW, Texas Roadhouse, Chilis, 

buy a refill of a Propane tank

mail a package, USP

want to buy a Harley

photo audits of KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut

Staples, buy a printer and return it.

I am sure there were others. The shops generally require you to observe, ask questions and write a report. Dinner and tip are reimbursed with a small extra.

many others are available, some banks, HP shelf stocking. Some are just not worth the effort. Alcohol audits, go with a minor see if they get carded.

Most of these I did more than five years ago but I remember the best paragraphs like it was this morning.

the question:  did you see the manager, what was he doing?

I saw him over to my right, he was looking at his phone, at one point he went behind the bar and showed it to the bartender. He remained there for a few minutes looking at his phone. Later I saw him come out of the kitchen with a cup of ice cream. He went to a video game, a shooting game and played for a few minutes. A waitress approached him and spoke about something. He finished his game and then went to take care of the problem.

about the propane shop:

all safety procedures were followed and the money was rung in but the one item that was not a question, I commented that when I went to get my tank refilled the propane cage was unlocked and the gate was open.

Oh, another favorite. I often went to a certain chain. Normally you can’t reshop a restaurant within 90 days because they will recognize you, but this chain had many nearby restaurants. The shop requires checking out a restroom. Every month I wrote something like “debris on wall above urinal”. 
finally I wrote “a man has been eating, he goes to use a use a urinal, he coughs or sneezes and does not cover his mouth, food debris is expelled and sticks to the wall”. Next few months those wall were spotless.

14 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

in the 80s my wifes besttie was Coke spy  she when too  pepsi owned store  taco bell and pizza hut other tooo 

good money  

10 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Dirty dog those are all English words but I do not understand them in that order.

"In the '80s my wife's BEST FRIEND was a spy for Coca-Cola. She WENT TO Pepsi owned stores - Taco Bell and Pizza Hut - others too. She made good money."

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant to say. otto probably had something to do with what actually was posted.

Archived