SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 97 Disassembly/Assembly Manual

Sedalia Dave

The above video is excellent, except for taking off the collar - shown after the two halves are separated.
That is almost never needed and takes special tools remove and replace without ruining the collar.  Since the collars were relatively fragile, original ones are scarce as hen's teeth.

Someone was making replacements for a while, but I don't think they continued.  (If I'm wrong, please let us all know.)

So don't mess with the collar.

These are solid frame models.  I bought 2 receivers with barrels installed, several magazine tubes and a bunch of pieces all in a box.  The goal is to see how many parts it will take to assemble two fully functional 97s. A I have never disassembled a 97 down to the last screw and spring, so it will be a learning experience as well as a little bit of a challenge. My FFL has received everything but I haven't had time to pick it up and make a detailed inventory. 

There are a lot of manuals and books that cover the 97 but not all are created equal. Hoping someone could point me towards one of the better manual/book. The army put out an armorers manual TM9-1285 but so far I cannot find a PDF copy of it. I can only find the less detailed TM9-285

I have a booklet printed in 2005 from skebberton.com. It has most of what you want including references but Google wont let me access it directly. I'l loan it to you if you want to copy it.

Imis

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I have a booklet printed in 2005 from skebberton.com. It has most of what you want including references but Google wont let me access it directly. I'l loan it to you if you want to copy it.

Imis

Sent you a PM

Archived