SASS Wire Forum

Kruger Pistol

Subdeacon Joe

I wish he would have shown how to load it. I am curious about what “cap” was used. 

I recall seeing one of these in Joe Rigg’s Sporting Goods when I was a kid in PA. At least I am pretty sure that’s where I saw one. He had a case for curiosities and had some pretty cool stuff in there. He had a “Liberator” from WW2 and other oddities. The thing that he had that fascinated me most? A real boomerang. :) 

I don't remember them, but in the '60s, maybe even into the 70s, in the back of Guns and Ammo and the American Rifleman they were selling 12 caliber Single Action Armys.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am curious about what “cap” was used

When I first saw the video I was thinking Greenie Stick'em Caps. But I don't think they had been invented in the '50s, and I think the man making the video would have had quite a time trying to find them in the 2000s. So I'm assuming a regular red roll cap. And yes, I'm sure they corroded all to hell. Those paper caps are made of potassium perchlorate, sulfur, and antimony sulfide.

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

When I first saw the video I was thinking Greenie Stick'em Caps. But I don't think they had been invented in the '50s, and I think the man making the video would have had quite a time trying to find them in the 2000s. So I'm assuming a regular red roll cap. And yes, I'm sure they corroded all to hell. Those paper caps are made of potassium perchlorate, sulfur, and antimony sulfide.

I was thinking roll caps too. 
And you’re right, those things would definitely get things corroded. 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

May be an image of text

It's a cap gun.

Had a few of those, most fired with cap gun roll caps (2 or three at a time).  The pistol was about 3/4 scale and I always got rid of the plastic knob on the back end.

IIRC we shot plain old BBs out of it.

My mom made me my first shoulder holster out of denim for it. I was the coolest kid in the sixth grade.

Archived