SASS Wire Forum

Five hours...

What is five hours...really?

It takes us 5 hours to go to the cabin. About 5 hours to go to matches down South in the state.

4 hours to go North.

Some may say that is too far.

But, we live out in the country, so driving us part of life.

30 min to the nearest store.

An hour or more to go to town to eat or get hardware.

So traveling 4 or 5 hours to spend with friends, shooting a CAS match, doesn't seem so bad!!!

Headed out to Pampa, Tx to shoot with the Wolf Pack!

It's is not only the destination, it is the journey. Enjoy the moment, and I know you are grateful for the fact that you live away from the hustle and bustle of crowds, and the mayhem that the city provides. 

We drive over to Ft. Worth to eat bar-be-que, all the time, and that's an hour away. 

My gun shop is an hour and a half. 

It's three and half hours to travel to Nacogdoches, from here, to see family.

Around here, we don't say it is so many miles to somewhere. We say it is an hour, or two hours. We count travel time in hours, and not miles. 

You are right on the beam, Miss Sue. It don't matter how long it takes to get to where you want to be. The journey is part of the fun.

W.K. 

Four hours to my cabin if my wife is with me. Less than three if I'm alone.......

Last time we went up though, the roads were empty so I was able to push it some. She only looked over at the speedometer once! 

3 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Four hours to my cabin if my wife is with me. Less than three if I'm alone.......

Last time we went up though, the roads were empty so I was able to push it some. She only looked over at the speedometer once! 

We are usually hitting the CO line just at the time the herds are moving.

Going up we saw 5 sets of Elk and Deer...easily 70 to 100 each.

We don't get too much in a hurry.

Almost took out a good size Doe on the way home...as had someone climbing our butt...and just as we were making a curve, several decided to cross.

Glad the dudes breaks worked...he backed off after that!

Saw quite a few deer this last couple of weeks that looked like they were ready to pop. Going up north in a couple weeks. Need to check the fern meadows for new fawns.

IMG_20180526_141212712_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Yup.

Too cool, the spring fawn!!!

We usually have a fawn on property.

Set of twins dropped at neighbors last spring.

Had a 'family' of Mountain Lion in our area last fall...hope they have moved on up to higher ground.

Just now, watab kid said:

yup - got to be the going not just the gettin there that is good , always fun to drive to a good shoot with great folks , 

And I like my driver!!!

Shanley looked over at me coming home from LR (8 hrs) and said " have you noticed we don't hardley ever turn the radio on anymore?"

Nice to just chat about things we see on the way!

Arrived, safe and sound...and brought with us a large thunderstorm from Santa Rosa that we passed through!

I nean we seriously brought it the 4.5 hours.

Howlin Wolf said "it never rains here"! Well, tonight it did!

Excited for tomorrow's match...and may get to see a long time 'retired' shooter!!!

If so, I'll get a photo!

On 5/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

What is five hours...really?

It takes us 5 hours to go to the cabin. About 5 hours to go to matches down South in the state.

4 hours to go North.

Some may say that is too far.

But, we live out in the country, so driving us part of life.

30 min to the nearest store.

An hour or more to go to town to eat or get hardware.

So traveling 4 or 5 hours to spend with friends, shooting a CAS match, doesn't seem so bad!!!

Headed out to Pampa, Tx to shoot with the Wolf Pack!

zgiERiQ.gif

Archived