SASS Wire Forum

AMMO Options and Thanks

bubba5320

First off I wanted to say thanks to all those that read and helped me out with the selection of my 1866.  I held out and found a newer 38 special model.  Now about ammo.  Whats this I read only lead ammo?  I have a lot of flat nose fmj in 130 gr.  Can I shoot that?  At all? Thanks.  Ammo not easy to come by and I don't reload.  

No jacketed ammo is allowed. It would be dangerous at our target distances and would destroy the targets. Lead only, sorry.

18 minutes ago, bubba5320 said:

First off I wanted to say thanks to all those that read and helped me out with the selection of my 1866.  I held out and found a newer 38 special model.  Now about ammo.  Whats this I read only lead ammo?  I have a lot of flat nose fmj in 130 gr.  Can I shoot that?  At all? Thanks.  Ammo not easy to come by and I don't reload.  

"Can I shoot that?  At all?"

It should be fine to shoot in the rifle.  HOWEVER, as Eyesa said, you can not use it at a CAS match.  For paper targets or plinking: No problem.  Unfortunately fmj bullets will damage the metal CAS targets.

Angus

i would think on paper for practice you might find it fine - the velocities most likely will be different but at the distances we shoot that should not be an issue when you switch to lead for our steel , 

Look at Scarlett here or Choice Ammo, both support us!

Archived