SASS Wire Forum

Personalized license plates

DeaconKC

On 9/30/2020 at 5:37 AM, Smoken D said:

It's interesting how each state handles plates/taxes for disabled vets service connected. I think Arizona you have to be 100% where as here in Missouri the rating does not matter. Even someone at 10% is entitled. Is California only 100% rated to obtain the plate and no charges?

Yes, you have to be 100% rated to get the FREE plates. Regular Disabled Plates with a DP (disabled person) still cost $$$, but gives you the parking privileges in store parking lots and FREE at public beaches where it can cost $15 to park Like the Huntington Beach and Newport Beach Pier Parking lots. City street Parking meters are also FREE for DP and DV plates. I'm also FREE to Enter State and National Parks with the DV plates. Boat Ramps are also FREE.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Big Jake1001 said:

Yes, you have to be 100% rated to get the FREE plates. Regular Disabled Plates with a DP (disabled person) still cost $$$, but gives you the parking privileges in store parking lots and FREE at public beaches where it can cost $15 to park Like the Huntington Beach and Newport Beach Pier Parking lots. City street Parking meters are also FREE for DP and DV plates. I'm also FREE to Enter State and National Parks with the DV plates. Boat Ramps are also FREE.

Years ago, a friend of mine (paraplegic) got jammed up by some jerk about the "perks" of his plates.

I liked his response: "You can have my perks, but you have to take my disease too." Shut the idiot down.

And before I click the reply button, I want to thank you for your service.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The only one that sticks out in my mind is the car I once saw in a parking lot with:

2PCME

The owner was returning to his car, and when I asked about the plate it turned out he's a urologist. :wacko:

:blush: I don't get it. Please explain. :blush:

3 hours ago, Big Jake1001 said:

Yes, in Missouri even 10% allows a guy to obtain the National Park pass along with free usage of boat ramps. Wish all states would accept someone with only 10% service connected a DV plate. Nice perk, but by gollly they should deserve something from our country. Just my opinion. Thanks for your service Big Jake, sorry for what you had to go through on that 100% rating. Out here in the country where I live there are many who have rated 100%. All Nam vets.

At one time back a few years I had. 454CAS. Not really sure why I got rid of it, most likely NYS fees..

I’m too cheap, too.  The one I’m thinking of for myself is:  MCNTYR.  My last name is McIntyre.

Archived