SASS Wire Forum

A Warm Glow

Subdeacon Joe

I had a Ford pickup that I drove to a cowboy shoot one time and the front wheel looked like that.

Several trips to the auto store and some helpful cowboys helped me fix it.

When I first found it, it was flaming and I poured the Dr Pepper i was drinking on it to put it out.

I was pulling a camper and it made for an interesting weekend.

I have only owned 3 Fords in my life.

Ford Pinto Station Wagon, Mom and Dad traded my 1969  Cutlass 2 door in 4 days before my Birthday (16) that i shared with my sister. They figured I would drag race in the Cutlass. I did not have to worry about getting dates in high school after I got the Pinto. (0 dates)

Mercury Marque big 4 door Car with 460 police enforcer. My wife was driving it when we got married. 5 miles to gallon and never ran right. Engine blew up and got $500 trade for it and the dealer sent a tow truck for it.  I was trading it on a Buick Park Avenue and it quit while we were waiting on the financing. They towed it and did not change any of the deal.

1996 Ford F250 with 460 and 5 speed. Bought to tow a 5 wheel camper and never got the camper. Bought camper online and when to pick it up and it was not tow-able. (bad shape). Got a full refund on the camper as it was not as advertised. Extended cab with 8 foot bed. Sold it to a couple Hispanic guys for what I paid for it when I lived in Northern Illinois.

I like my Ram.

Had one on a loaded cargo trailer that went like that, while we were coming home from a moose hunt, at night, of course.

Started to rain.

We had to beat the bearing and what was left of the race, off the axle, then found the spare bearing we had was the wrong size.

Fun.

But these things do make the trips memorable. 

Archived