SASS Wire Forum

Dish washer

It's time to get a new one then.

Are your kitchen outlets GFI?

If NO, then get'em redone so they are.

90%+ house fires are started in the kitchen.

Do you have at least 1, 5lb ABC fire extinguisher in the kitchen?

OLG 

13 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG 

Never saw a d/w on GFCI.  should they be? Does the surge of the motor trip it?

On 4/2/2020 at 12:04 AM, Noz said:

Two screws and it slides right out?  It is so cute when folks believe in the supernatural.  Last time I slide one out required 2 weeks and professional help.

I used to believe that too.

what happened was that the d/w was installed on top of the subfloor and the counter was on top of it.  Then the tile was laid.  To get the d/w out, had to unscrew two screws, jack up the counter, lever up the d/w over the tile, wiggle it out, disconnect plumbing and electrical. Reverse the process to get the new one in EXCEPT adjust the front leg levelers but you don’t know how much to adjust them until it is sitting in place on the subfloor.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I used to believe that too.

what happened was that the d/w was installed on top of the subfloor and the counter was on top of it.  Then the tile was laid.  To get the d/w out, had to unscrew two screws, jack up the counter, lever up the d/w over the tile, wiggle it out, disconnect plumbing and electrical. Reverse the process to get the new one in EXCEPT adjust the front leg levelers but you don’t know how much to adjust them until it is sitting in place on the subfloor.

German D/W (Miele) has screw-driven adjusters for all four legs, driven from the front; no awkward need to get to the back corners or to jack counter; just an Allen driver and you are done.  

I've bought 4 Miele units for two houses over the last 25+ years; they are pricey, but the design and quality are superior.

LL

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Never saw a d/w on GFCI.  should they be? Does the surge of the motor trip it?

Mine was on a GFI outlet as the entire house was GFI.

Including the washer and dryer. 

Never had a problem. 

OLG 

19 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG 

Machine is two years old.  Can't see buying a new one....yet.

Whole house was fitted with GFI by the old man who built it.  Paranoid old bugger, but I'm glad he was.

I have a dozen ABC fire extinguishers in my house:  2 in the kitchen, two in the garage where the water heater lives, one in each bedroom and one in the den,  one in the laundry room, and four in my stand-alone workshop where there is an electric water heater and a 250 V space heater and two 28' x 36' work bays.  One in the garage and two in the shop are 10# , the rest are 5#.

Guess I'm paranoid, too.  The old guy who lived across the street from me in California set fire to his house three time in37 1/2 years...all in the kitchen and all from heating cooking oil and then leaving the room to go work on his computer.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Machine is two years old.  Can't see buying a new one....yet.

Whole house was fitted with GFI by the old man who built it.  Paranoid old bugger, but I'm glad he was.

I have a dozen ABC fire extinguishers in my house:  2 in the kitchen, two in the garage where the water heater lives, one in each bedroom and one in the den,  one in the laundry room, and four in my stand-alone workshop where there is an electric water heater and a 250 V space heater and two 28' x 36' work bays.  One in the garage and two in the shop are 10# , the rest are 5#.

Guess I'm paranoid, too.  The old guy who lived across the street from me in California set fire to his house three time in37 1/2 years...all in the kitchen and all from heating cooking oil and then leaving the room to go work on his computer.

Well, you didn't live this long 'cause your pretty......:lol:

Lucky, may-be.......:P

OLG 

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Well, you didn't live this long 'cause your pretty......:lol:

Lucky, may-be.......:P

OLG 

An elderly woman came into the Elks Opera House whenI was first working there and asked how I was.  I told her, "I'm pretty good!"

She put her fist on her hips and cocked her head and told me, "Well Mister, you might be good but you damn sure ain't pretty."

I miss folks like that since they shut the plce down indefinitely.

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sounds like there’s still a bit of an ordnance captain in ya.  Do you have them checked every 90 days too?

8 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Sounds like there’s still a bit of an ordnance captain in ya.  Do you have them checked every 90 days too?

'Bout twice a year.  The fire department is only four blocks away and they take good care of me.

Archived