SASS Wire Forum

Through All The Craziness, Something To Think About

Calamity Kris

Something to think about through all this craziness.  The folks that will be hurt the worst are the "little guy".  The mom & pop restaurants, the neighborhood mini-marts, the corner coffee shop or bakery, the small main-street businesses.  The majority of them have little to no wiggle room in their profits so if folks stay away, these small businesses will hurt far worse than any of the national chains will.  It would be a shame to have them go away.  Please, don't forget to patronize them.  If you want dinner, get take out or have it delivered.  Grab your coffee and danish or bagel to go.  Buy a small something extra when you're in there.  I'm sure they will appreciate it.

So true Kris

In the same boat are all the vendors. What will the food vendors do with all their perishable supplies?  With all the venues cancelling they are out that inventory plus sales revenue.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

So true Kris

In the same boat are all the vendors. What will the food vendors do with all their perishable supplies?  With all the venues cancelling they are out that inventory plus sales revenue.

That will put the hurt on the hourly folks who work for them also.  The kids behind the registers, the ones hauling out the garbage, the ones cleaning the restrooms.  It's a bad situation all the way around. 

Ohio’s Governor has now closed all bars and restaurants. My son makes most of his living as a musician. He plays bars, restaurants, wineries etc. even special parties and events that he had booked are being cancelled!! :angry::(

It's the same thing for all of the hourly workers in sports also, the ones behind the scenes that make the sport happen. For anyone who just barely scrapes by, whether it be a Mom and Pop store, small time entertainers, suppliers to events with larger crowds or just the normal everyday Joe......it's going to be tough. It already is for me and millions more just like me. It'll affect the rich, middle class and poor with impunity. In other words, it's a big $hit sandwich and we all gotta take a bite.

Thank you, Chris, for your post. It's a reminder to help the "little guy" when possible. If every one "pays it forward", I think we'll all get though without too much damage.

Well, here it comes.  The House passed a law and sent it to the Senate making free checks to see if people have the virus and free treatment.

Some jackass had a computer ,ode that indicated 40,000 people in Pima County, AZ were infected.  Actual confirmed, as of Friday was 9!

Archived