SASS Wire Forum

gulf cart s for winter range

Buckeye Juice

BJ, Winter Range's golf carts are supplied by Southwest Golf Cars. You can call Nancy at (623) 584-0591 and get more info and prices. Just be advised that only motorized vehicles with Winter Range issued handicap permits are allowed on the range. All others must be parked in the golf cart parking area in the public area. Feel free to contact me for more info or other assistance.

Can’t you have the golf cart added your vehicle or home owner’s coverage?  Might want to call your insurance agent to inquire about temporary or permanent coverage.  WinterRange people should provide a required coverage standard.  If not, as a guess, I’d go with my automotive coverage $amounts.  Just a wag on my part, but in my view,  if they (WR) requires coverage, they should say for what and the amount(s), don’t you think?

Cat Brules

EDIT:::::   If this golf cart insurance thing is something new for winter range, just make sure that it is not some last minute, seat of the pants, requirement, made up by someone.  This insurance is going to cost you money! In fact it may be a deciding factor as to whether you want to shoot there or not.   I.e., WR may be making themselves financially undesirable.    It may already exist, as being part of your homeowners insurance.  Overall, it sounds nonsensical to me    Where else has this “requirement“ become an issue?   “They” need to rethink this, in my opinion.   Whoever issued the edict may not know what they’re talking about.    But, I could be wrong. 

Cat Brules

Just for clarification, Winter Range does not require insurance coverage for golf carts. BJ, I would call your current auto insurer and ask to add the golf cart for the time that you need it. If that doesn't work, my atv was insured through Foremost. They insure atv's, boats, motorcycles, etc.

Also FYI, Winter Range has 24 hour security provided by the Arizona Rangers, leaving it parked at the range won't be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Iowa...but I carry insurance on my golf cart and have a separate insurance card for it

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:45 PM, Rattlesnake Slim said:

BJ, Winter Range's golf carts are supplied by Southwest Golf Cars. You can call Nancy at (623) 584-0591 and get more info and prices. Just be advised that only motorized vehicles with Winter Range issued handicap permits are allowed on the range. All others must be parked in the golf cart parking area in the public area. Feel free to contact me for more info or other assistance.

Slim who is in chg of issuing WR handicap permits?

kR

Archived