SASS Wire Forum

Would this be BREAKING THE FIFTH WALL?

Alpo

Y'all all know what breaking the Fourth wall is, right? When a character turns and talks directly to the audience.

In this strip Fred doesn't talk directly to us.

co20191220b.jpg.b543a5f979dfffb3b9cd9fdfe710dd49.jpg

He's talking to the artist that draws the strip.

@Alpo,

Pearls Before Swine has been doing this for some time.

When a bad pun, for example, is made during the strip, the characters confront the artist (Stephan Pastis) in the last panel.

image.png.4c2ebc2e69bde39334e3d1f5035ed11b.png

Fred and Kathy or ARE having a tender moment, and then Fred went to talk to the artist of the strip.

If you're asking about Kathy's comments, she's supposed to fight a duel to the death with Jinjur, and as it stands now she's going to lose. so the suggestion did TO take the time machine and go to another time and learn how to fight.

Pretty much the same plot as Harry Harrison's TECHNICOLOR TIME MACHINE.

Fred and Kathy or ARE having a tender moment, and then Fred went to talk to the artist of the strip.

If you're asking about Kathy's comments, she's supposed to fight a duel to the death with Jinjur, and as it stands now she's going to lose. so the suggestion did TO take the time machine and go to another time and learn how to fight.

Pretty much the same plot as Harry Harrison's TECHNICOLOR TIME MACHINE.

I used to have an elderly aunt in Buffalo, who had the habit of calling me on the phone and talking for an hour about folks I did not know and had never met.  She did this without any sense that I would have no idea who she was talking about.  She just wanted to talk.  I did not interrupt her with questions; just inserted an occasional "Oh my" to let her know I was listening, and that even though I had no idea who these people were, I cared enough about her and her well-being to show some interest.

So, Alpo my friend.......Oh, my.

LL

I used to have an elderly aunt in Buffalo, who had the habit of calling me on the phone and talking for an hour about folks I did not know and had never met.  She did this without any sense that I would have no idea who she was talking about.  She just wanted to talk.  I did not interrupt her with questions; just inserted an occasional "Oh my" to let her know I was listening, and that even though I had no idea who these people were, I cared enough about her and her well-being to show some interest.

So, Alpo my friend.......Oh, my.

LL

And if it was a client, kaching, kaching?

Archived