SASS Wire Forum

Conversion cylinder for Ruger Old Army

I tried searching for this topic so if I missed it and this has already been covered, I would appreciate it if someone can point me to the topic.

But if not, I am thinking of converting one of my Ruger Old Army's to cartridge and I know there are two different cylinders available.

Can someone tell me if one system has any advantage over the other?

Thanks

BB

I use the conversion cylinders from Taylor’s and Company. I have never tried others and am quite happy with these. I did have to open up the area where the rim of the cartridge sits because it was to tight for .45 Scofield. I shoot Senior Gunfighter with my Old Armies set up this way.

I bought a pair of used conversion cylinders from this Wire that were originally sold by Taylors.  They didn't work well in my ROAs so I sent the ROAs and the cylinders to Taylors who tuned them to the revolvers.  Now they work perfectly.  My experience with Taylors was excellent.

My Kirsts were drop-ins and functioned perfectly.  I liked the design with one firing pin rather than 6.

Kirst Konversions in 45colt are what I use.  Kirst also has 45acp conversions available as well

They usually have sales in October, so that's why I got them.  Both dropped right in.  I use them for black, or 45cowboy special with smokeless.

I have used/installed Kirst, Kirst Gated and R & D conversion cylinders in my Pietta Caps Guns.  Some have required a little adjustment of the hand.  I have no experience with Ruger Old Armies.  I am no help there.  So I would suggest ignoring this post .  It contains no helpful information for the OP.  It's just making with Thunder and Lightning and Raining like a cow peeing onnna flat rock here and I'm bored.  

So just carry on without me.  I won't be offended at all.  Not even a little.

Return to your regularly scheduled programming

Archived