SASS Wire Forum

New Officially UNOFFICIAL Steampunk rules for 2019

Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life

In general, I pretty much agree with Creeker on this subject.

However, it would seem to me that anyone trying to grow a new (unofficial) category would want to make it as easy as possible for folks to join in with the irons they already have.  It's already a niche category prospect, to further limit it by requiring specific guns within the more inclusive SASS legal group only serves to micro manage and further limit the number of folks who might participate in it.

That's the view from my saddle.

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

As far as complicated goes, have ya' ever disassembled a hammerless double shotgun??  Some of them are more complicated than a '97 EVER will be!!  Some of the single trigger models are like new math or maybe trigonometry!!  

I guess logic and inclusiveness doesn't follow here!! <_< :( :wacko:

trigonometry? Did you mean triggernometry? :)

I will probably never shoot the unofficial, official, proposed, Steampunk Category(always capitalized) however, I have friends(Yes, Rolan is considered a.friend) who shoot it and are having fun!  I fully support people having fun and enjoy watching them!  If they are safe, considerate of others, working on posse duties, and promoting this shooting sport, I am all for them.  I think Rolan is trying to add more fun and color to the category.  If you are a gunfighter and don’t like Steampunk————Don’t shoot it!  If you are Classic Cowboy and don’t like Steampunk————-Don’t shoot it!  Worry about the rules, guns, and costume requirements and ignore Steampunk.  I hope your lives have not destroyed by Steampunk and despite all the pressure you will still be able to function!

18 hours ago, Sawyer said:

I will probably never shoot the unofficial, official, proposed, Steampunk Category(always capitalized) however, I have friends(Yes, Rolan is considered a.friend) who shoot it and are having fun!  I fully support people having fun and enjoy watching them!  If they are safe, considerate of others, working on posse duties, and promoting this shooting sport, I am all for them.  I think Rolan is trying to add more fun and color to the category.  If you are a gunfighter and don’t like Steampunk————Don’t shoot it!  If you are Classic Cowboy and don’t like Steampunk————-Don’t shoot it!  Worry about the rules, guns, and costume requirements and ignore Steampunk.  I hope your lives have not destroyed by Steampunk and despite all the pressure you will still be able to function!

I would happily shoot Steampunk, but I and others like me are prevented under these onerous rules from participating!!  My hammer double 10g a is now added to the list of things prohibited under these arbitrary rules!!  I would occasionally like to pull both pistols and fire off multiple rounds of smokey cap 'n' ball during some stage that cries out to be shot that way, maybe even in the Outlaw style!!  

If they're looking to make it fun, MAKE IT FUN FOR EVERYBODY!!!  

Archived