SASS Wire Forum

Larry Potterfield remembered my birthday

Today's the day.  Dear wife alread gave me a little pat and said, "Happy Birthday! ".  I can expect to get text messages from two sons, a daughter-in-law, two granddaughters and a sister.  Otherwise,  it'll be same ol, same ol. 

But Larry, bless his heart, gives me a tangible gift each year and even lets me pick it out.  I think it amounts to around a 10% discount on items not already on sale and some exclusions.   It's for one order and offer run from a week before and a week after my birthday.  I have one item in my basket and have been trying to think of what else I "need" before pulling the trigger.

My late brother-in-law and I did business with Midway almost 40 years ago when he opened a gunshop along old highway 40. He had an FFL and got a dealer discount so every few months we would haul over and stock up on reloading supplies.  I'm sure I've dealt directly with Larry but can't specifically remember.   Now he's just a cardboard cutout standing in the lobby but he still remembers my birthday. 

He’s a cardboard cut-out and you’re the very image of William S. Hart. :)

happy birthday, and many more to you.

Happy Birthday! :D

I get the same birthday “wish” from Larry and I use it.

I called Midway back in the early 90’s to get an order straightened out. It seems a young lady mistakenly gave me the wrong product when packing my box. I know that because her name was on the packing slip with a smiley face.

Anyway, I wasn’t upset, I just wanted the lead bullets I ordered in .357, not the .44 JHP bullets I received. The man I was talking to said he’d send them right out. I offered to ship the others back. He said not to worry about it. I asked him if that would get him in trouble and he laughed and said “No, I own the company.”  It was Larry Potterfield taking calls as the call center was short handed. I thought that was pretty cool.

Midway USA has been a great supporter of my adfictions for many years too. :D

Well, the youngest granddaughter registered her birthday wish last about an hour ago. I guess that concludes my birthday celebration for 2018.

I did gain a wish from my brother-in-law and a nephew on Facebook.  My sister's wish was also on Facebook.  They live on Facebook.

I did add another item to my MidwayUSA wish list.  :rolleyes: 

Well Warden, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm sure you're not getting any older -- just more seasoned!

Will see you on Saturday at Owl Creek.  

BTW love to read about each wayward shotgun you bring home to redeem.  Keep up the good work.

And we all appreciate the videos you make.  You make us all look good when shooting.

Dr. O. R. 

Archived