SASS Wire Forum

Social Media After A Shooting Atrocity

Subdeacon Joe

A Colt Patterson revolver should have been considered evil high capacity when compared to its contemporaries of the day, muzzle loaders. I have no idea why no one was wetting themselves over that then.

40 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

A Colt Patterson revolver should have been considered evil high capacity when compared to its contemporaries of the day, muzzle loaders. I have no idea why no one was wetting themselves over that then.

As was a Henry rifle!!! I imagine that was unbelievable at the time! No one complained, everyone wanted one!

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

As was a Henry rifle!!! I imagine that was unbelievable at the time! No one complained, everyone wanted one!

Can't find my reference at the moment, but if I remember correctly a lot of military leaders didn't want the Henry and/or Spencer because they feared their men would shoot wildly without aiming and waste ammunition; too expensive.

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Can't find my reference at the moment, but if I remember correctly a lot of military leaders didn't want the Henry and/or Spencer because they feared their men would shoot wildly without aiming and waste ammunition; too expensive.

The Ordnance Dept at the time under long-time old-school leadership WAS opposed to it for that very reason. Budget over expense. Never mind how effective it might be...

9 minutes ago, Outrider Outlaw said:

Well, it is obvious that what we need is some common sense gun laws.  I have no idea what those laws would be that don't already exist, but I feel so much better having said that.:P

What we really need is some common sense Media/Social Media laws!

50 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

What we really need is some common sense Media/Social Media laws!

Oh don't you DARE violate someone's freedom of speech, not matter how vile it may be. But it is more than OK to attack someone's 2A right...

:o

FWIW, Columbia University is the only Ivey League college that offers a journalism degree. Many light headed kids like it because neither science nor mathematics is required. That lack is sadly obvious in the Main Stream media's talking heads.  :-(

Archived