SASS Wire Forum

Shop Recommendations in California

Nahiossi

My wife and I are taking our kids to the States in September. We will be spending time with friends in Monterey but also doing touristy things in San Francisco and Los Angeles like Alcatraz, Disneyland, Universal studio etc.

I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to do a bit of shopping for items to expand my wardrobe of hats, boots, shirts, pants and vests, especially as I will be able to try stuff on before I purchase it!

Can folks recommend good shops to visit in the San Francisco, San Jose and Los Angeles areas?

Golden Gate Western Wear in Richmond is a great place to start, home of Knudsen Hats also. 

If you are driving you might look for Feed Stores/Western Wear Shops in each town you pass through. Do a feed store search on Google and Google Maps. You won't find a lot of reproduction clothing but there will be plenty of western wear. Once you get out of those cities you mention California is a vast area of ranches, farms, fields, desert and mountain country.

This is the kind of place to look for--> https://www.facebook.com/OakdaleFeedandSeed/

Enjoy,

SJS

There are no good SASS clothing stores in San Jose, but we do have 4-5 places to shoot SASS matches. I bought my favorite hat in Arizona while visiting my sister, most other items I bought online or from pards here.

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Golden Gate Western Wear in Richmond is a great place to start, home of Knudsen Hats also. 

+1  Bought my 1st hat & SASS clothing there.  Having lived in East Bay for 66 years of my life I have few recommendations for sight seeing.  Though I haven't visited the new DeYoung museum in Golden Gate Park I recommend spending time there.  If you have time check out Yosemite National Park & Lake Tahoe.  If visiting Lake Tahoe take a side trip 1 hour east to the famous 19th century mining town of Virginia City NV.  If you like western music visit on a Saturday or Sunday & stop in the Bucket of Blood saloon after 1 PM for the performances of David John & the Comstock Cowboys.  They perform there almost every weekend of the year.  If you there on Sunday order the Gospel Fried Chicken dinner at the Casa del Rio.  It is the best fried chicken I have eaten in my 71 years.

9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I get almost all my stuff from here. You can also get a custom hat order while in and they'd ship it to you  down under when it's finished. If you are in the area, swing by Old West Gun room. I'm guessing you won't be able to buy any guns, but it's a cool shop worth seeing and maybe there are some supplies you need. If you want to shoot while you're here, hit me up. There are 5 or more clubs in the area you could easily hit.

Archived