SASS Wire Forum

The stage has 3 tables. The left table has rifle targets and 2 shotgun targets in front of it. The middle table has pistol targets in front of it. The right table has 2 shotgun targets in front of it. The stage calls for rifle (port arms) from the left table first, and then the shotgun from the left table to take down 2 SG targets. Then take the SG with you to the center table and stage it there. Use the pistols from the center table on the pistol targets. Then pick up SG, move to right table and take down remaining 2 SG targets. The rifle and pistol strings were completed without an issue.

The shooter incorrectly staged the shotgun on the right table. Yes, everybody wished they had caught it, but they didn't and feel bad about it. Let's not make that the issue. We're stuck with the SG in the wrong position when the beep goes off.

The shooter completes the rifle string and moves to the center table and completes the pistol string. He moves to the SG at the right table and takes down the 2 SG targets. When he is done, there are 2 SG targets standing in front of the left table.

Much confusion. Is it 2 misses and a P, or just 2 misses.

What say you with your reasons? (Politely of course)

NNV

18 minutes ago, Dutch Coroner said:

P and 2 misses. Gun staged in wrong location is the shooter’s responsibility. P.

2 SG targets still up equal 2 misses.

This ..... He could have moved & shot other 2 SG targets - saving the 2 misses.

Best solution (once first round has been fired):

Shoot rifle @ left table...retrieve SG from right table; go back to left table; engage SG targets ...continue stage from there = no penalties.

As described in the OP, "P" and 2 misses.

8 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Best solution (once first round has been fired):

Shoot rifle @ left table...retrieve SG from right table; go back to left table; engage SG targets ...continue stage from there = no penalties.

As described in the OP, "P" and 2 misses.

After he retrieved and staged the SG on the left table ?

35 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

After he retrieved and staged the SG on the left table ?

Yes...he would have to set the SG on the table (staging it) before engaging the left set of SG targets in order to "undo" the "P" for "failure to stage..."

Failure to stage firearms or ammunition at the designated position(s)/location(s) is the fault of the competitor and scored as a procedural unless the competitor is able to correct the situation, unassisted, while in the process of completing the stage under time.

Yippee ! I got one right !!  :D

Mostly 'cause I've done it a couple times ....  ;)

14 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

This ..... He could have moved & shot other 2 SG targets - saving the 2 misses.

I wudda' probably done that........lol. I wish I could have thought of what PW said because it makes sense and would have been a better option......but I probably couldn't have thought that fast........lol

Archived