SASS Wire Forum

Hardpan - Have you Checked your Tickets?

Annuity, my tired old butt!  I'm too old for that, so I'd take the cash payout and blow it all inside of a month.

I'd get one of those M-706 light armored assault vehicles and Winnebago-ize it, then go on one last all-out road trip.

Alas... Southern California. :(

I tries my best to avoid LA (everything south of the "Grapevine.")  Although I've been there twice so far this year... once for Helen Brimstone's mom's funeral*, and once for the Chino airshow. :)

But I gotta say... if I DID win, Forty would have a new neighbor!  ^_^

*Another member of the Greatest Generation gone.  We lost Alice just before Christmas; she'd turned 99 in September.  A most marvelous lady... during the war she was Donald Douglas's (Douglas Aircraft) secretary and personal assistant.  And she had some GREAT stories...  

38 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Alas... Southern California. :(

I tries my best to avoid LA (everything south of the "Grapevine.")  Although I've been there twice so far this year... once for Helen Brimstone's mom's funeral*, and once for the Chino airshow. :)

But I gotta say... if I DID win, Forty would have a new neighbor!  ^_^

*Another member of the Greatest Generation gone.  We lost Alice just before Christmas; she'd turned 99 in September.  A most marvelous lady... during the war she was Donald Douglas's (Douglas Aircraft) secretary and personal assistant.  And she had some GREAT stories...  

You would have to move before you won. No way those greedy $08s at the franchise tax board would let any lottery winner get away without extracting at least 10 pounds of flesh. <_<

Archived