SASS Wire Forum

Fidget Spinner?

Subdeacon Joe

I don't think anyone here is "judging" anyone for having a spinner.  As a guest you may not understand that we tease each other a lot about almost anything and everything.  Pat Riot only commented that an adult was playing with one while trying to do his job at a checkout counter which would be annoying to me also.

As a retired elementary school teacher, I've seen lots and lots of "things" come and go.  While they may help autistic children, when played with during class by those without ADD or autism, they are a distraction to other kids.  BTW I remember putting a wooden ruler on a pencil and spinning it around back in the dark ages (1950s).

Sorry, my skin got a little thin after seeing a few other threads insulting a demographic I happen to be a part of. Didn't mean to get jumpy. My bad. 

Howdy,

Are all fidget spinners created equal?

I found some a wallymart with missing inserts.

I guess I want a 22 proof one if possible.

Best

CR

On 6/4/2017 at 6:35 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

To me it's one thing for kids to have "toys" like this. In some ways it could be a curiosity for them. Maybe make them think "How does this work"? Or "How do they make these"? But adults? Here is a graph a copied on the sales of these things. Now, the adult sales may be purchases for kids...but I doubt all of them air.IMG_2702.thumb.JPG.e496a7e1b1a000a5431637a692ce0472.JPG

I pretty much agree. But you better back away from my Hotwheels cars before someone gets hurt! 

19 hours ago, Festus G Lonetree said:

I pretty much agree. But you better back away from my Hotwheels cars before someone gets hurt! 

This graph raises more questions for me, such as "what on earth is a Silent?" Isn't that from Doctor Who? Why do they need fidget spinners?

Howdy,

Reading about these and watching INdy cars spinning and crashing in Texas.

Now that is the ADULT fidget spinner. At what? A million or two each?

I bet they just totaled ten of em.....Glad it wasn't my car.

Best

CR

On June 8, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Ben Beam said:

Sorry, my skin got a little thin after seeing a few other threads insulting a demographic I happen to be a part of. Didn't mean to get jumpy. My bad. 

Well, I have to say there shouldn't be any insulting or disparaging of any demographic. We can tease a bit and joke about things and one another, but actual insults tend to get Allie Mo active, which nobody wants. 

AND NOW PARDS-----

Collect them ALL.

sure just what the world needs.

Best

CR

I found a bright yellow one for my .22 at 25 yds.

could be fun..

Archived