SASS Wire Forum

A Bit Of Music

Subdeacon Joe

I just performed this arranged for brass with the Delano Chamber Brass in Wichita. Ks. A great piece with which to open a concert. Blood stirring.

Thanks for posting. 

A LOT of fun to play. :D

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

I just performed this arranged for brass with the Delano Chamber Brass in Wichita. Ks. A great piece with which to open a concert. Blood stirring.

Thanks for posting. 

A LOT of fun to play. :D

I always think of it as having "spritely pomp."  Glad you enjoyed it.

Not quite a stirring as playing Carmina Burana as principle trumpet in orchestra though. Wow. And I am not an orchestra guy but that was one hell of an opportunity...:D

Still, West Side Story beats em all. I only wish I could do THAT gig. 

Very enjoyable. I played Alto Sax until the 11th grade. Wish I hadn't put it down. Bought a new one in 2003 but just couldn't seem to get it back and sold it just a few years ago. 

9 hours ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Very enjoyable. I played Alto Sax until the 11th grade. Wish I hadn't put it down. Bought a new one in 2003 but just couldn't seem to get it back and sold it just a few years ago. 

I played alto sax in 7th, 8th and 9th grades and went to a tenor sax when the kid who'd been playing tenor was hit by a car the second day of 10th grade and played it until I graduated from high school.

Dropped them when I went to college.  Couldn't stand the director or his precious brat kids.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I played alto sax in 7th, 8th and 9th grades and went to a tenor sax when the kid who'd been playing tenor was hit by a car the second day of 10th grade and played it until I graduated from high school.

Dropped them when I went to college.  Couldn't stand the director or his precious brat kids.

Forty, I messed up in High School with band. My dad was stationed at the Chaplains school in Fort Hamilton New York. We lived on Fort Wadsworth on Staton Island. I attended New Dorp High School. My band teacher was Nino Moreale. If you look it up he was involved with the music for The Godfather. He was great, and if I had stayed with it I could have done something musically in my life. I married a song writer that gave up her career to be with me in the military. We still stay connected with local musicians but only as friends and not participants. I dearly miss being a player.

3 hours ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Forty, I messed up in High School with band. My dad was stationed at the Chaplains school in Fort Hamilton New York. We lived on Fort Wadsworth on Staton Island. I attended New Dorp High School. My band teacher was Nino Moreale. If you look it up he was involved with the music for The Godfather. He was great, and if I had stayed with it I could have done something musically in my life. I married a song writer that gave up her career to be with me in the military. We still stay connected with local musicians but only as friends and not participants. I dearly miss being a player.

I guess I wasn't all the dedicated, although I was good.  I got involved in my college studies and events, then went in the Army and later the Marine Corps, and I missed playing sax about like I would miss the mumps. :blink:

Archived