SASS Wire Forum

Reloading 32 s&w shorts

40Chev

I have a set of Lee dies, they work fine.

Yes, he could buy a complete set of 32 SW dies. But since he already has 32 Long/Mag die set the only thing he needs is a seta/crimp die that will work. The Lee set comes with a 32 ACP seat/crimp die. https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-Carb-Die-Set/dp/B00162RTB4

Yes, he could buy a complete set of 32 SW dies. But since he already has 32 Long/Mag die set the only thing he needs is a seta/crimp die that will work. The Lee set comes with a 32 ACP seat/crimp die. https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-Carb-Die-Set/dp/B00162RTB4

Yep this is the die set I got and it works great. One tip I got. I was bulging the brass by attempting to seat and crimp at the same time. The brass is very thin. I would advise you adjust your seating die so it doesn't crimp when seating the bullets then readjust to crimp after seating. I wish Lee made a Factory Crimp Die for the little .32 s&w but they don't.

Lee dies work fine for my Iver Johnson Model 1900.

By the way, have you learned any tricks with getting mice to fart in the empty cases and seating the bullet before the 'propellant' escapes?

HAHA! Propellant? I thought just a good SP mag primer would get the job done?

Lee dies work fine for my Iver Johnson Model 1900.

By the way, have you learned any tricks with getting mice to fart in the empty cases and seating the bullet before the 'propellant' escapes?

The mice are well trained and well rewarded - they drop the bullet after they unload but they don't have the strength to crimp the case. Currently cross breeding some with stronger sphincters - but they will be several years out until they are mature enough. :lol:

Thanks for all the input, snagged an older Lee die set for only slightly more than just a seat/crimp die would have been.