SASS Wire Forum

Cyber murder

Rye Miles #13621

I watched an episode of CSI/Cyber the other night and it was about how hackers would steal your identity and then steal your money and then pronounce you dead. They called it Cyber Murder!! The guy that was hacked had one heck of a time trying to prove he was alive! I hardly ever watch this show but I thought it was an interesting story, theory, whatever!

Thoughts?

I watched an episode of CSI/Cyber the other night and it was about how hackers would steal your identity and then steal your money and then pronounce you dead. They called it Cyber Murder!! The guy that was hacked had one heck of a time trying to prove he was alive! I hardly ever watch this show but I thought it was an interesting story, theory, whatever!

Considering how many places I had to send certified death certificates to convince people my wife was dead, I don't believe this is likely to happen in the real world.

It didn't help that she kept interrupting. (grin)

RYE!! Don't look now, ........ But ............

YOU DON'T EXIST. Dawg and I have Erased you!!

Coffinmaker

That's okay Ill just go back to Tucson Tony!!!! He always shot smokeless too!!! :P

So...is it harder to prove you are ead or alive?

Considering how many places I had to send certified death certificates to convince people my wife was dead, I don't believe this is likely to happen in the real world.

/quote]

I only had to send one. If they had her money, I would give them a DC. If they were a creditor , told them where to get it. No need for me to make their job easier.

I still remember some of the letters they sent her. CapitalOne: Because of information received we have reduced your credit limit to $1000.

I still remember some of the letters they sent her. CapitalOne: Because of information received we have reduced your credit limit to $1000.

Well, you can't take it with you, but Capital One never made any money by cutting off someone's credit completely.

I sent Sprint 2 certificates, and had to take a third one to an actual store before they turned off her cell phone service. After the first one they started sending bills with a $0 balance due, but her phone still worked because it kept getting marketing text messages from them.

What really confuzzles me is the Social Security Administration. Every year they send a letter with the estimated benefit she'll receive when she retires at age 65. I've written to them and called them twice, and I'm still getting them 10 years later.

It was almost two years after the death of my father that Dish Network finally agreed that he would not be requiring their services. This was after at least a dozen times of me telling them that he would not be returning to our side of the veil. It opened a wound every time I had to call them but I can now see the humor in the situation. I remember explaining to the lady with a heavy accent that my father had passed away. She then offered a reduced monthly rate to keep the service.TWICE!!!!

It was almost two years after the death of my father that Dish Network finally agreed that he would not be requiring their services. This was after at least a dozen times of me telling them that he would not be returning to our side of the veil. It opened a wound every time I had to call them but I can now see the humor in the situation. I remember explaining to the lady with a heavy accent that my father had passed away. She then offered a reduced monthly rate to keep the service.TWICE!!!!

I bet she used to work for AOL

Archived