SASS Wire Forum

Update - USMC Scout Sniper Assignment

Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme

There were pards here in the Saloon interested in our son's results on the USMC scout/sniper evolution assignment. According to the young 2nd Lt, he finished middle of the pack in the stalk exercise, He was setting up the tripod for his rifle when time for the exercise was called. He said some 2nd Lts got set up, and fired off a shot, And others were observed and tagged before they could get into position.

Krazy Kajun, he said to tell you he appreciates your "Thanks for his service".

Regards

Capt R. Hugh Kidnme

Give him my best and tell him to drive on.

There were pards here in the Saloon interested in our son's results on the USMC scout/sniper evolution assignment. According to the young 2nd Lt, he finished middle of the pack in the stalk exercise, He was setting up the tripod for his rifle when time for the exercise was called. He said some 2nd Lts got set up, and fired off a shot, And others were observed and tagged before they could get into position.

Krazy Kajun, he said to tell you he appreciates your "Thanks for his service".

Regards

Capt R. Hugh Kidnme

Thanks for letting us know....many are called but few make the cut to be a sniper.

I'm not a sniper but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn close to police station once :P I've watched a few shows on the History Channel regarding snipers and a few specials on other networks regarding sniper school and the training and dedication it takes to even make the cut and actually be deployed as a sniper. Hopefully your son will complete all of his training successfully and will be "productive."

Kajun

MMH,

Good question. His MOS is 02-03, Ground Intel. Some of the Ground Intel 2Lt crew eventually direct the scout/sniper teams within the platoon. So, after USMC- IOC they all get a scout/sniper billet as part of training. Then, some of these 2Lt direct 4 teams of 6 (LCpl and above) on assignment. Those are the guys doing the "final" shooting.

Regards

Capt R. Hugh Kidnme

Archived