SASS Wire Forum

Cap Jams........ugh

Cemetery

Shot C&B Gunfighter over the weekend.

Cleaned my toys, and while doing the final touches on my '66 the action locks up tight like a bank vault....son of a b**** right?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Can't figure out what happened, so I cautiously took the side plate off so the guts don't spill out....can't figure out what's happening, so I take it apart slowly and meticuously, cause I hate putting the '66 back together.......still nothing....so I go for a total tear down.......what tumbles out with the final pieces? A crushed cap!! :blink:

......put it all back together and now it runs nice and smooth......cap jams in a rifle.....good grief.....

On the brightside, it was at home, and not at a match.....

Well shucks. That is a new one on me. Cemetery ........ you didi say "crushed cap??" As in a crushed percussion Cap?? The odds of a spent

percussion cap winding up in the innards of a rifle are .......... just huge!!

Coffinmaker

Well shucks. That is a new one on me. Cemetery ........ you didi say "crushed cap??" As in a crushed percussion Cap?? The odds of a spent

percussion cap winding up in the innards of a rifle are .......... just huge!!

Coffinmaker

Don't know if you can even calculate those odds................probably better chance of being the sole winner of PowerBall than getting a crushed percussion cap in your rifle innards..........

Highly possible. Shoot your rifle, drop it on the table and shoot your cap guns over it. Fired caps pop off of the pistol regularly and can bounce in the wildest ways. Jump right into that open action.

Percussion revolvers spit their spent caps to the right, so I'm guessing you shoot left handed and discard your rifle to your right side?

Archived