SASS Wire Forum

TG Agenda Item #5 - Cease Fire

Cowboy Rick, SASS #49739L

...Besides, NO BODY in his/her right mind should ever attempt to go down range until they are assured that all the shooting action has stopped....

..........Widder

The problem is that sometimes people NOT in the their right mind can be around. Having personally witnessed an individual run downrange screaming (Not a shooter and I assume with some sort of dimentia). We MUST stop when the command CEASE FIRE is given.

Cease fire is a must

no matter what the cause if cease fire is called for then stop shooting it doesn't matter why

It was called if you don't comply then you should pack your crap and not continue to shoot the match

Your fault my fault or nobody's fault cease means to stop everything else can be worked out later

Cease Fire means somebody is in or potentially in real serious danger. People can be shot accidentally by a shooter that doesn't hear well just as easy as by a shooter that deliberately continues to shoot. Hikers popping out of the trees onto the range comes to mind. The cylinder that let go and sprayed shrapnel all over the spotters and RO comes to mind. First you get the shooter to stop as fast and by whatever means you can. Then you can chat about it later if need be. MDQ for ignoring command is reasonable.

If a cease fire is called and some shooter is stopped mid run, no problem, that shooter gets a re-shoot when things are sorted out. No reason not to cease fire the instant you become aware one is called.

I have about 70% hearing loss. I may not understand conversation while I have my ear plugs in but If you yell "Cease Fire" or "Stop" I will hear you.

Archived