SASS Wire Forum

Apology letter

Well this was a first in my career. Today I received an apology letter from a woman I arrested for DUI last fall. As part of her sentencing she was required by the judge to send me an apology letter for the way she acted with me. The prosecutor said that I did such a good job documenting her very agitated behavior towards me and quoting her very colorful language directed at me that the judge was "appalled" that she acted that way and made her write me an apology letter. Haha. I have always done that in my reports I quote every "F*** you" and "m***********r" people throw at me.

Anyways I have to say though it was actually a nice two paragraph letter not just a simple "I'm sorry". She thanked me for redirecting her life, and she is in D and A counseling, as well as on a 12 step program. She was worried that I might "never forgive her for her behavior", which I did 2 seconds after she did it because I take none of that personally. I think I'll ask our prosecutor if they think it would be appropriate to answer her and tell her I did.

Well this was a first in my career. Today I received an apology letter from a woman I arrested for DUI last fall. As part of her sentencing she was required by the judge to send me an apology letter for the way she acted with me. The prosecutor said that I did such a good job documenting her very agitated behavior towards me and quoting her very colorful language directed at me that the judge was "appalled" that she acted that way and made her write me an apology letter. Haha. I have always done that in my reports I quote every "F*** you" and "m***********r" people throw at me.

Anyways I have to say though it was actually a nice two paragraph letter not just a simple "I'm sorry". She thanked me for redirecting her life, and she is in D and A counseling, as well as on a 12 step program. She was worried that I might "never forgive her for her behavior", which I did 2 seconds after she did it because I take none of that personally. I think I'll ask our prosecutor if they think it would be appropriate to answer her and tell her I did.

Glad to hear she did it. Hope she continues on the right path!!

As BMC said--------Thank you for your service.

Archived