SASS Wire Forum

What Clubs are near Denver CO

Rootin Tootin

My daughter just moved to Denver and me and the wife will be traveling out to see her and grandson a couple times a year. I would like to shoot while out there and plan trips around times that I can shoot...Recently retired so traveling to visit kids in 6 states is in our plan.

What clubs are within an hour to hour and a half of Denver? Thanks..........RT

Near Denver there are a bunch.

In the summer months I shoot 2nd Saturday up in Boulder, not a SASS club, but we shoot cowboy.

Year round I shoot at Pawnee Station in Nunn, CO east of Fort Collins on the 3rd Saturday and 5th Saturday when there is one. This is what I think of as my home club, and most of the vids on my youtube channel are filmed there.

There are also clubs up in Lake George west of Colorado Springs, and one in Byers a ways east of Denver, in Briggsdale a bit farther than Nunn, Cheyenne etc..

Pretty muchyou can find one or more matches on any given weekend.

PS, if it works out, come out for the third weekend in July for the Shootout at Pawnee Station annual match, always a ton of fun.

Pawnee Station is in Ft Collins. Shot with them several times. Our daughter is also there and we use it as a double reason to make the voyage. Hell On Wheels in Cheyenne is less than 2 hours from Parker (south of Denver). Always a good match, even with the loss of the Regional status. My friends out there tell me that you can shoot year round almost every weekend.

CR

Archived