SASS Wire Forum

1860's naval uniforms

Mariner

I am thinking of putting together a naval uniform from the 1860's, but I keep running into trouble with finding a good place to purchase it. Does anyone here have any suggestions for a good vendor that I can check out.

Thanks

Mariner

The Quartermaster Shop will make you a swabbie outfit of the era you desire. Order on the Internet or by telephone.

I have seen civil war navy uniforms on 2 different Web sites. Just search civil war uniforms and they should come up for you. No dress uniforms but utility uniforms were listed. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, I have been having trouble with my internet on the boat and was not able to get through to any of the web pages that goggle suggested. I will try the quartermaster sight when we get to anchor or the next dock, I will be losing my internet very soon as we are heading out of port. Thanks for the compliment Allie, I have to chase my tail a lot to keep my slim figure :)

Thanks for pointing me towards blockade runner. They are only about 2 1/2 hours from my home so I may just drive over when I get on vacation.

Mariner

You can shoot next to me. We'll make the doggies look bad! :-)

When I was doing CW reenacting, and there were no vendors making Naval stuff, we would get navy uniforms from surplus outlets and modify them. Prety simple and inexpensive.

PS0Wou.jpg

When I was doing CW reenacting, and there were no vendors making Naval stuff, we would get navy uniforms from surplus outlets and modify them. Prety simple and inexpensive.

PS0Wou.jpg

I would like to think I could use my old cracker jacks from when I was in 30 years ago. But that would be an impossibly tight fit, oh well just have to get something from surplus.

Archived