SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron Model P Jr.

40Chev

Got a new revolver as above in dual cylinder 32-20 and 32 HR magnum.

Tried to pull base pin to remove cylinder and it seems to hit on ejector rod assembly and won't allow complete removal of the base pin.

Does the ejector rod assembly need to be taken off this model in order to remove the base pin and allow cylinder removal?

TIA

Gary

PS - It's the 4 5/8 barrel length (or whatever the length actually is not the longer barrel version)

Does the ejector rod assembly need to be taken off this model in order to remove the base pin and allow cylinder removal?

TIA

Gary

Nope, hold gun flat in palm of right hand......at halfcock loading gate open. With finger slide ejector rod about half way towards you, remove base pin with left hand. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

If you have the base pins that have two locking grooves in them I highly recommend that you shorten them so that when inserted to the second locking pin that they do not prevent the hammer from striking the firing pin. The pins are made this was so that the lawyers can say that the guns have a safety. You usually discover that the pins are in too far after you have pulled the trigger several times and no rounds go off. It also makes it easier to eject spent cases as the pin doesn't get in the way as much.

I shortened the ones on the wife's P jrs with my dremel. Cut and smooth the ends then apply a little cold blue. Refer to the pictures that Houston CAS linked to.

Archived