SASS Wire Forum

Who made American Western Arms revolvers and...

Dusty Chaps, SASS #5925

Man, that Hobby Gunsmith likes to hear himself talk.

He did talk a lot but he failed to mention all the problems AWA had getting work-able SAA's from Armi San Marco. Those issues came long before the Lightning project was even started.

If you have an AWA Peacekeeper or Longhorn those were ASM made guns. if you have the Ultimate or Classic those were Pietta made guns.

We've got four Longhorns and four Ultimates. The Longhorns were our first CAS guns. We got the Ultimates from Russel. Never had a lick of trouble with any of them.

Laz

as far as lower hammers---i had mine done by "Choctaw Silver Wolf" down Slick McClades way---great job and fast turn around

this is the fifth season i've been shootin mine wouldn't shoot anything else

I liked the Peacemakers a lot and decided to buy a number of them as an investment. I think I still have a few dozen still in unopen boxes. I think they were in some cases better made than the newer Colts of the 1990s.

I liked the Peacemakers a lot and decided to buy a number of them as an investment. I think I still have a few dozen still in unopen boxes. I think they were in some cases better made than the newer Colts of the 1990s.

I think you mean "Peacekeepers." Peacemaker is a registered Colt trade mark.

Archived