SASS Wire Forum

Got Some Fight In Her

Subdeacon Joe

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/video-young-mother-in-ga-used-hammer-and-shotgun-to-fight-off-violent-home-invaders/

A 19 year old mother of a 10 month old baby in Enigma, GA faced a terrifying situation earlier this week. Kayla Walker heard a noise at her back door on Tuesday afternoon just before 6:00pm. When she went to investigate, two men forced their way in the back door.

Kayla became involved in a physical fight with the men where she grabbed one of the suspect’s testicles and nearly managed to choke one of the men unconscious. However, that attempt was unsuccessful. Kayla then managed to grab a hammer and land blows on one of the men and get enough separation to retreat and grab her 10 month old child.

She then ran, grabbed her child, and went into a bedroom, where she grabbed a shotgun and pointed it at the men.

“He said, ‘This is my new house. I’m here to stay.’ I said, ‘Not at this residence.’ I put the gun to his face and the gun clicked and he ran,” she said.

Walker told deputies that she tried to shoot the intruders, but there was no shell in the chamber of the gun.

She reported that the man ran away through the woods, leaving a trail of blood behind him.

Needs a crash course in shotgun operation is all I can say.

In spite of that, "Mission Accomplished!"

Also, while I'd never ever recommend threatening an attacker with an empty gun, this way she doesn't have to live with the guilt of having killed someone.

Needs a crash course in shotgun operation is all I can say.

In spite of that, "Mission Accomplished!"

Also, while I'd never ever recommend threatening an attacker with an empty gun, this way she doesn't have to live with the guilt of having killed someone.

Exactly, Sparky. My initial reaction was the same as Sam's - she needs some training in how to use it. But that almost instantly turned to, "Well,hell. She didn't have to kill anyone. She didn't have to deal with the questioning, the media attention, the clean up, the self doubt and self questioning." Her use of the weapon was exactly what is taught as the proper use, to stop the threat. Yeah, it could have turned out bad. It could have turned out bad if she had fired. But, it didn't turn out bad. We can all play lots of "Well, what if....?" games for the next month of Sundays, but that won't change the facts that she stopped the threat and did it without killing anyone.

She and her kids were lucky to survive and that is the good side of the story....trauma is minimized because the shotgun was empty. But consider that she worked him over with a deadly weapon... namely a hammer . If he had succumbed to those wounds would she have felt extreme guilt as with using a gun? Nope, because we have been brainwashed by the media to believe that a gunshot is a more horrible death than drawing and quartering!

Seems we agree she needs training but if she had there would be one dead perp! Hard to have it both ways.

I hope she is better prepared if the need arrises again!!

Regardless of whether she fired it, it IS another instance of a private citizen using a gun to stop criminal attack!!

Archived