SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Old beater BP revolvers or parts

McCandless

In my quest to rehabilitate old, sad, neglected Black Powder revolvers, I've ended up with quite a few not-quite-finished projects. I need parts... Colt-type and Remington-type... I'd especially like to get hold of complete beaters if I can. I can harvest enough organs from one old gun to bring several back to life!

If you've got parts or some old BP revolvers, Let me know whatcha got and how much yer asking.

Thanks!

McC

EMF offers small parts kits for Colt type and Remington type BP guns at a very reasonable price.

Coffinmaker

Thanks, yep got those. Some of these old war-horses need replacement arbors, need some replacement barrels (don't folks know to clean their guns after shooting BP!) Have cannabalized many a stretched or bent brass-frame gun to bring others back to life. Could use more. Finally finished that rusted out Ruger Old Army that had been left uncleaned. Took a long time finding enough parts.

Sending it around again... need more parts, pieces, cylinders, what have you. Can even use some old whatevers when ya' find 'em!

:blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Sending it around again... need more parts, pieces, cylinders, what have you. Can even use some old whatevers when ya' find 'em!

:blink:

Ebay always has lots of black powder guns being parted out.

Wasatch

Yep,

Just bought some nice grips from Earl Brasse, he's selling off some nice items. Most other stuff is new guns being parted out at high prices. However, I do have some bids in on some unique and hard to find "stuff".

I finally got a silver back-strap for an old Belgian-made 1851! Danged project guns! :angry:

A pard I've talked to through e-mail, but never met, sent me some interesting cylinders. My thanks!!

Still looking to buy parts an' pieces. Or complete(or partial) beaters.

Got 2 S&W .32 top breaks and one .38 3rd model top break. PM for details and discuss trade or price.

I have an old Remington cap and ball army, just missing the loading lever. The cylinder is beat up a bit around the nipples . I believe it was an old Dixie gun works kit. I would sell it for $75 shipped.

Ben Pierce

That'll work. Send me a PM with yer particulars.

Archived