SASS Wire Forum

My Month With a Gun: The Whole Series by idjit "journalist"

Subdeacon Joe

Yeah, like therapy......

I never touched a gun until I was forty years old, and my darling husband decided that "we" were going to get into CAS....it took a while for me to get used to the idea of handling guns, but I gave it my best shot.....several years later I now own 10 of the little darlings, want at least 3 more, and have a CCW....I'm so glad I didn't let my nervousness about learning to shoot turn me into that paranoid of an idjit!!

She needs therapy - and her statistics are mere fantasy...not reality. She also must realize that as a gun owner it is HER responsibility in the ability to know how to use a firearm and EMBRACE that responsibility.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

How did she get a concealed carry permit without at least "some" training and demonstrate some proficiency with a pistol? I'm really glad she isn't carrying anymore. She would be dangerous with her attitudes.

I wasn't familiar with pistols until I got involved with CAS and now have several besides the CAS pistols. Most recently purchased a 1911 .22 which is a kick to shoot. I have several revolvers in .38 special and several semi automatics in 9 mm. I've had my concealed carry permit since 1995 and feel more confident when carrying, not more suspicious and unsafe like she did.

She needs therapy - and her statistics are mere fantasy...not reality. She also must realize that as a gun owner it is HER responsibility in the ability to know how to use a firearm and EMBRACE that responsibility.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Same numbers put out by Brady, Violence Policy Center, and the Kellerman Study (the 43:1 stat). Of course they have no connection to reality.

How did she get a concealed carry permit without at least "some" training and demonstrate some proficiency with a pistol? I'm really glad she isn't carrying anymore. She would be dangerous with her attitudes.

I wasn't familiar with pistols until I got involved with CAS and now have several besides the CAS pistols. Most recently purchased a 1911 .22 which is a kick to shoot. I have several revolvers in .38 special and several semi automatics in 9 mm. I've had my concealed carry permit since 1995 and feel more confident when carrying, not more suspicious and unsafe like she did.

Supposedly in her "home state" all you need to do is apply and if you aren't a felon, have restraining orders, or such you get your CCW. Which is very strange because she lives in WA and that is NOT what WA requires for a CCW. Just one more lie.

Where I live, CCW is "SHALL ISSUE". Pass the background check for a hand gun and you have one. Apply for the CCW and you get a NICS check and state recrods check, then you have a CCW permit.

It is the responsability of the individual to know what they are doing and how to conduct themselves when carrying. That is it. you take on a responsability, you better learn what you are doing. (just like having kids) Some don't pay attention and end up like GZ, some end up worse off, some get their CCW pulled permenantly for not following the rules as written and posted online for everyone to see.

If any person wants to do what the author claims she did, well, society will make that person take responsability for their actions or lack of, in due time. Clearly, the author was not willing to own up to the choice.

If a any person wants to live in a nanny state where someone else tells them what to do and when to do it, where I live is not the place to be.

One of the things she claimed in her first segment was that she wanted to be prepared to defend herself and her family. Which was a lie since she decided she didn't need training. So she was woefully unprepared to use that firearm for self defense.

One of the things she claimed in her first segment was that she wanted to be prepared to defend herself and her family. Which was a lie since she decided she didn't need training. So she was woefully unprepared to use that firearm for self defense.

I would wager pretty heavily that she would not have pulled the gun if she had to. And, I have my doubts about her actually carrying it around.

Archived