SASS Wire Forum

Nashville shoots

Rye Miles #13621

Hey Tennessee pards what's the closest shoot to Nashville? My son is moving there in a couple weeks and I'd like to visit him and maybe go to a shoot in the next month or two. Nashville's only an 8 hour drive from up here.

Thanks, Rye ;)

The Wartrace Regulators is just south on Nashville. Great facilities, great cowboys and cowgirls to shoot with, and also host the Tennessee State Championship match.

There are several great clubs around Nashville. First there's Wartrace! Monthly match on the first Saturday of the month, a mid-month match on the third Saturday along with a Wild Bunch match, and a long range match on the fourth Saturday. They are also the hosts for the Tennessee State S.A.S.S. Championship match held this year on the second weekend in October.

Next would be the North Alabama club at Cavern Cove outside of Huntsville, AL. They shoot on the first Sunday of the month and that usually means you can shoot Saturday at Wartrace and again Sunday at Cavern Cove!! Holler at Lickskillet Charlie

There is the Smokey Mountain Shootist Society at Oak Ridge, TN. They shoot the second Saturday of the month. Talk to Last Kiss or Fast Harley or even TN Tombstone!

The Ocoee Rangers shoot on the fourth Saturday down at Cleveland, TN. Ocoee Red is a good contact there.

The Rock Castle Rangers also shoot on the fourth Saturday at Park Mammoth Resort in Park City, KY. It's a small club on a big shooting venue. Check with Fire 'n' Fallback or the Park Mammoth Resort for info.

And the TN Mountain Marauders. i'm not sure about their shooting schedule, but Purly from the above post can fill you in on their schedule.

There are some more clubs in TN worth your consideration, like Green County (check with Boozy Creek) and the like, but they're a little farther away from Nashville. The ones I've listed are all a couple of hours or closer from Nashville.

Come on and join us for some Southern Hospitality and great shooting.

Thanks guys, a 2 hour drive or closer is no problem, that's what I gotta drive around here for a shoot. I seen alot of Tenn. clubs on the SASS clubs, just didn't know how far they were from Nashville. Ya'll saved me alot of map searching!

Much obliged, Rye :)

Rye, let us know where and when you'll be shooting. Maybe some of us can meet up and shoot with ya.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

The Tennessee Mountain Marauders shoot the third Saturday of the month. SASS Long Range @ 0800(100 yd Buffalo for pistol cal rifles & 200 yd Buffalo for rifle cal , i.e., 45-70; 30-30; 38-55, etc)

Mail match at 0930. Just over the GA state line. Check out the web site at : tmmauraders.com Come shoot with us, great scenery on a horse ranch, and great Cowboys/Cowgirls.

Hoss C.

Thanks, Bush!!

I knew I was leavin' sombody out!! Yak and them folks are great too!!

Rye,

Go through the archives of my blog if you want to see reports on southern and a few other clubs.

Wartrace Cowboys

also some videos from last years Tennessee State Championship.

If you'd like to be put on the Wartrace e-mail list contact me and I'll add you.

Thanks

Randy

Archived