SASS Wire Forum

Sen Ted Cruz does battle with the brain dead

Dusty Balz, SASS#46599

I think most politicians have a degree in rhetoric and distortion of the facts.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

QDG

Don't miss the important point here that Sen. Feinstein EXPECTS that the law she is trying to pass will end up before the Supreme Court. The question then becomes, what will the makeup of the Court be when it does. It would not take much of personnel change for the court to swing decidedly against us, and guess which side has the has the power to appoint, and to approve? The elections in 2014 have more importance than ever and I, for one, am hoping that the gun owners in this country, all the gun owners, have a LONG memory!

Dogmeat Dad

In response to the Democrat's weasel wording around and side stepping the Second Amendment, I'd merely respond by saying that our unalienable rights, which were endowed by our Creator, are constitutionally guaranteed and it is the primary function of government to ensure that protection. The Second Amendment is part of that Constitution and one of the guarantors of those unalienable rights. Consequently you can never separate the sanctity of the unalienable right from the guarantor of that right without incurring the certain loss of both.

If they then fail to properly interpret the word "infringe" I'd point them to Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary which defines the meaning of the word close to the time our Founders chose that word.

Infringe:

1. To break, as contracts; to violate, either positively by contravention,
or negatively by non-fulfillment or neglect of performance. A prince or a
private person infringes an agreement or covenant by neglecting to perform its
conditions, as well as by doing what is stipulated not to be done.

2. To break; to violate; to transgress; to neglect to fulfill or obey; as,
to infringe a law.

3. To destroy or hinder; as, to infringe efficacy. [Little used.]

and the "esteemed" senator from Illinois said that " none of these rights are absolute". Excuse me?

They aren't. They can be taken away by conviction for criminal activity, for example. And, as pointed out, some forms of expression are not protected by the 1st Amendment. On the other hand, all that is on a case by case basis, not a blanket denial of rights to we, the people.

We can all take a lesson fronm Ted Cruz. I email and call "Her Highness Senator Feinstein" 's office regularly. The canned replies I receive in return would almost be funny, if one didn't realize she believes what she says. Her handlers and telephone folks aren't outwardly rattled by the consistent facts I toss at them......but the crap continues. So will I. What can stop her and those like her? Term limits? Outrage by all gun owners? . Maybe.....just maybe.......if every SASS member, gun owner and individual that "say" they stand for freedom and their 2nd Amendment rights would call and write their elected officials regularly.......we'd make our point. Maybe we'd make a difference.

There was a 2nd Amendment rally in Glendale about two weeks ago. Myself and 1 other SASS member showed up. 30 of us were there in total. Just 30. Pathetic. Why don't we turn out for a rally like we turn out when someone yells "Powder & Primers at the local Toy Store!" ?

Maybe my pastor hit the nail on the head years ago when he said: "Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but most don't want to go today". "Everyone" on these shooting forums seems to be outraged at what our politicians are doing. But.......how many of us write, call and turn out for rallies on a regular basis? I can't speak for the rest of the country but as far as southern CA is concerned - maybe we're getting what we deserve.

and the "esteemed" senator from Illinois said that " none of these rights are absolute". Excuse me?

The supreme court in confirming the NFA has already confirmed that the 2nd A is not absolute.

Further they have confirmed that some limitations can exist in the DC Heller decision.

Archived