SASS Wire Forum

I know I'm new...

Counsel

If you shoot with a club and the club wants to have a match with just pistols or just rifles or just shotguns or any two guns and the membership wants to have a match like that then you could.

There may be some stages within a given match that doesn't have all the guns, but the match requires all four. Why you may ask, cuz four is more fun than less!

But never fear if you don't have all four, make contact with a local club and most often someone will be willing to loan you what you don't yet have.

Why is there not a match that does not require three different types of guns? Why not have a lever action rifle & revolver match or just a single revolver match? ... guess I should read some documents... ; D

This is a subject being discussed somewhat on another thread. I, like Grizzly D, would like to know what your question is based on. With more information we could offer a better answer.

On the other hand, there is no match now where you can't do what you mentioned. If you only have one handgun, you can unload and reload your one revolver. If you don't have a shotgun, you can take the misses in consideration for your final score. But I can't imagine any match you might attend where you wouldn't encounter several offers to borrow a gun.

Fillmore

The simple answer is that it is the way the game is played. You don't play golf with just a putter. Reloading or taking misses isn't really the answer. If you are a new shooter there are almost always shooters at the local matches that would be glad to loan you a gun or two until you acquire the necessary equipment.

First of all!! Welcome to the fire!! Then, what Grizz and Filmore said is too true! This is the most fun you can have standing up and fully clothed!! We've even had side matches where you shoot two rifles, four pistols, a couple of shotguns, a pair of .22cal pistols and a rifle as well as throw a tomahawk, a spear, and a knife, shoot a bow and arrow and a muzzle loader while covering the distance equivalent to a football field!!

We kinda' figure the more you shoot the more fun you have!! :D

Take your time and enjoy the ride!!

One of the reasons I like SASS so much is because we GET to shoot 3 different type guns.

For me that is one of the things I like best. More shooting. More transitions from gun to gun.

Try it before you want to try and change it.

Archived