SASS Wire Forum

Psychiatrist: Why Shooter in CT Did What He Did

While looking at the video that, Dusty posted a link, to I noticed this video. Although I never watch the View, and I detest most if not all of it's participants, I felt they did good with this gentleman. You decide for yourself.

Link is here;

Very articulate, reasoned and compelling presentation.

Funny when the doctor points out the danger of dehumanizing, violent video games everyone applauds.

When La Pierre says it, he's a jerk.

Hmmm.

And in this morning's news report about the administration's work on policy addressing gun violence, they say "mental health and the entertainment industry also may be examined." :wacko:

Link

And Mexico is confiscating and destroying toy guns.

That should do it.

Careful here. He says mass murder of children is a new phenomena. Is it? Maybe in the form we are seeing it now. Caused by video games and mass media. BS! It's psychopathic evil. Real evil. A psychopathic King Herod ordered the mass killing of children in Bethlehem. Psychopathic ancient warriors killed children; bashing their heads in. Psychopathic American Indians killing children. A psychopathic American soldier killing Red children. A psychopathic Hitler ordered the mass killing of children because they belonged to certain groups. Need we go further? These children weren't killed because of video games and mass 24/7 media. Folks, this guy sounds good. He speaks mostly what we want to hear. But I believe he is wrong. Convincing, but wrong. Evil is real. It has always been here. It is a deadly presence. It will always be here. Be prepared to meet it. That is the reason we have the 2nd Amendment. Our founding fathers recognized this evil would be ever present and it is our right to be armed to meet it.

Birdgun, the worst mass murder of children in the United States was committed without use of a firearm.* AND was done by a politician!

Bath School Disaster

Thirty-eight children and six adults killed; an additional 58 injured.

*A rifle was used - albeit indirectly - in the perpetrators suicide.

Hi BG yes no doubt we need to be cautious, I’m not drinking anyone’s cool aid (talk about mass murder). But this puts something out in front of the politicos besides gun control. If it’s shoved in their faces enough they will have to address something besides gun control that we know won’t work. I saw a news clip that Arnold is going to making the rounds covering Hollywood’s gun violence industry’s rear end so someone must be worried about it. And remember this is where the politicos get their money from; it’s the last thing they want to see.

Careful here. He says mass murder of children is a new phenomena. Is it? Maybe in the form we are seeing it now. Caused by video games and mass media. BS! It's psychopathic evil. Real evil. A psychopathic King Herod ordered the mass killing of children in Bethlehem. Psychopathic ancient warriors killed children; bashing their heads in. Psychopathic American Indians killing children. A psychopathic American soldier killing Red children. A psychopathic Hitler ordered the mass killing of children because they belonged to certain groups. Need we go further? These children weren't killed because of video games and mass 24/7 media. Folks, this guy sounds good. He speaks mostly what we want to hear. But I believe he is wrong. Convincing, but wrong. Evil is real. It has always been here. It is a deadly presence. It will always be here. Be prepared to meet it. That is the reason we have the 2nd Amendment. Our founding fathers recognized this evil would be ever present and it is our right to be armed to meet it.

I agree with the above. But there are many roads to Evil, whether or not you believe in Satan. The roads traveled by Herod or Hitler or the KKK or Aboriginal Americans were all different but they all got there. Seems to me the same phenomenon is playing out.

We Americans love "binary" solutions. There is no "binary" solution, here, from any person or group. That does not mean that any person or group cannot contribute part of an intelligently crafted whole.

SQQ

Archived